International Patient Services Specialist, Full Time Days, University of Chicago Medicine in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL
In this role, the International Patient Services Specialist of the International Program is responsible for arranging and streamlining daily patient's non-clinical processes. Duties include tasks such as facilitating the intake process, manning main phone line and emails, arranging daily transportations, arranging housing options as well as banking/cell phone, and being available to answer all logistical questions to patients. In addition to reconciliation of weekly and monthly reports, bills, and various other duties as assigned from the supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answering phone calls and email to dedicated lines and supervising of On-call Services and new patients intake process.
- Arranging lodging options for patients and working with hotels and corporate housing on optimizing set up for patients to insure smooth arrival and stay in Chicago Booking patients daily transportation requests and welcome patients in airport upon arrival in addition to Arrange banking, cell phone, and travel options.
Being available to support patients with all non-clinical needs and make sure they have the best experience with the International ProgramsManaging the international patients Lounge/ East Huron office.
- Manage the welcome visit and orientation process for new patients, Provide exceptional customer service and Foster patient engagement through the design and execution of events, including hospital tours and development of weekly/monthly reports and reconciles bills to support the finance team.
- Various other duties as needed.
Must be able to speak Arabic.
Undergraduate degree from an accredited University is preferred but not required.
Experience in international work environments and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment is preferred.
Excellent phone etiquette, customer service experience, commitment to highest levels of service standards through problem solving.
Understanding of the US healthcare system or work experience in US hospitals is desirable.
Ability to multitask and perform well under the pressure of competing issues requiring prompt attention.
Minimum two years of increasingly administrative experience, preferably in a complex healthcare environment.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are required including the use of software programs such as Excel and Microsoft Suite.
Must be able to plan, organize and work on various tasks concurrently, must be able to independently prioritize multiple tasks in a professional manner.
Must be able to independently and professionally interact with staff, customers, internal and external; strong interpersonal skills required.
- Job Type/FTE: 1.0 FTE
- Shift: 8 hr. Day
- Unit/Department: International Programs
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website