Join University of Chicago Medicine as Financial Coordinator in Medicare department in the Burr Ridge, Illinois location.
Local 743 Clerical
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely posting of cash payment batches, check requests, and EDI balancing.
- SCOPE as applicable for Leadership position: Budget amount responsibilities and number of staff to be supervised:
- Balancing LockBox/Cashiering Deposits and preparing Excel spreadsheets for ledger reconciliations.
- Posting of payment batches to BHIS from LockBox, Cashiering, and other clinical areas (PDP's). Posting of check requests on patient accounts. Keys data onto Excel spreadsheet for ledger reconciliation. Posting of NSF checks on patient accounts. Keys data onto Excel spreadsheet for ledger reconciliation.
- Batching and balancing various types of vouchers for data entry. (i.e., IDPA, Collection Agencies)
- Review of payments for non-UCH receipts and write-up of appropriate paperwork to process fund transfers. Review of EDI vouchers: a) Posting NOF's and miscellaneous exceptions to either patient accounts or the 999 accounts; b) Balancing the EDI voucher amounts to actual wire amounts received and monies posted; c) Logs EDI information on Excel spreadsheets for ledger reconciliation.
- Documentation of wire deposits on Excel spreadsheets for ledger implementation. Identification, computation and batching of contractual allowances for various payers.
- Research payments where insufficient information is supplied, or accounts have gone to zero through various Hospital applications. (e.g., BHIS, WinCoins). Prepare inquiry letters to various carriers to determine the proper application of
- Unidentifiable monies received.
- Reopen accounts on BHIS system.
- Interacts with management and others in identifying Cash Application issues and determining solutions.
- Processes deposits and application of payments in a timely fashion
- Performs other duties assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient in a Windows environment to be capable of multi-tasking functions
- Should also be proficient in Excel for Windows
- Two or more years' experience in a data entry capacity
- Ability to perform accurately at 8,000 keystrokes per hour and type at 25 wpm
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Ability to organize and process a large volume of work in a timely manner
- Job Type: Full Time
- Shift: Days (8a-5:00p)
- Department: Medicare
- CBA Code: 743 Clerical
Apply on company website