Join a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine, as a Data Analytics Project Manager in the Performance Assessment and Excellence department.
This health system professional applies industry best practices to manage all aspects of the Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) for projects of low and moderate risk/complexity/breadth of impact. This is a remote, work from home opportunity with occasional travel to our campus. You may be based outside of the greater Chicagoland area.
Essential Job Functions:
Project Management and Execution
- Applies industry best practices to manage all aspects of the PMLC for projects of low to moderate risk/complexity/breadth of impact:
- Initiation - Identifies and manages all components of the initiation phase including but not limited to problem/goal identification, risk assessment, solutions, project scope and deliverables definition, stakeholder identification and project kick-off.
- Planning - Manages all components of the planning phase including but not limited to creation of timelines highlighting milestones, identification and assignment of tasks and resource confirmation.
- Execution - Manages all components of the project execution phase including but not limited to solution design, implementation, testing and training.
- Closure - Manages all components of the project closure phase including but not limited to production turnover, lessons learned, next steps and overall close out
- Monitoring and Control - Manages all project risks, action items, status reporting, scope and schedule, meeting facilitation, vendor engagement, change management, and project resources. Understands the overall role of project and portfolio governance.
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Understands how projects align with organizational priorities and executes work to meet strategic targets.
- Demonstrates understanding of business operations for multiple clinical and non-clinical departments or operational areas.
- Understands the business case process and maintains a business case for projects being managed.
- Understands vendor contracting processes and manages vendor engagement once contract is signed.
- Understands how to gather information and conduct analysis to gain a full understanding of issues and problems, including root cause identification.
- Anticipates functionality/system/ application problems based on past experience.
- Understands the value and timing of when to escalate issues for resolution.
Communication and Formal Status Reporting
- Provides timely and transparent communications
- Clearly communicates decisions, plans, goals, strategies and how projects support and further organizational goals.
- Employs strategies to organize and communicate complex information clearly and simply to drive actions.
- Communicates to diverse audiences ensuring information is credible, digestible, and easily understood.
- Maintains and utilizes Portfolio management tools to track, manage and report on projects.
Relationship Building and Management
- Identifies project stakeholders with support from the sponsor and project team. Builds and uses a stakeholder management plan.
- Collaborates with clinical and non-clinical or operational departments to achieve project objectives.
- Consistently builds valued relationships, enabling on-going and effective partnerships to achieve success.
- Identifies differences or disagreements among business and technology stakeholders; facilitates involvement, collaboration, and communication to resolve issues quickly.
- Partners with stakeholders up to the Executive Director level to support their decision-making processes; challenges thinking to ensure accountability and good stewardship.
- Uses judgment to involve other senior team members when navigating difficult stakeholder issues.
- Participates in internal and external project management events and forums.
- Provides tactful, honest, balanced feedback to peers and customers.
- Coaches and mentors others on project management skills to build self-sufficiency.
- 3 - 8+ years previous project management experience
- Technology project management
- Solid understanding of project management tools
- Proven data literacy
- Data governance knowledge
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a time-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including presentation, written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at leadership levels
- Understanding of vendor contracting processes and management
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business or health care field
- Visio, MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Project Management PMI certification
- Health care industry or consulting experience
- Strong knowledge of multiple healthcare systems, technologies, and platforms.
- Demonstrated successful utilization of multiple project management methodologies and software development cycles (Waterfall/Kanban/Agile).
- Department: Performance Assessment and Excellence
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Location: Hyde Park - Remote
- Shift: Day
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website