Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as a Customer Service Representative at our Burr Ridge Call Center. Please note this position will be located in Burr Ridge. In this role you will respond to calls and paging requests to support normal operations of the hospital system. Our call center team prides itself on fostering a team-oriented work environment while delivering the highest standard of customer service.
In this role, the Customer Service Representative answers calls professionally and courteously as they work on the UCH Call Center console and transfers calls to the appropriate destination. The CSR recognizes emergency, life threatening, and high priority calls and situations, and responds rapidly according to prescribed procedures. The CSR also provides paging services (overhead and ‘beeper'), and messaging functions. S/he will address callers' concerns and provide correct information and directions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer calls and initiate radio paging and overhead paging requests within prescribed performance intervals.
- Conduct regularly scheduled tests for Call Center systems as designated by management, e.g., periodic overhead and radio paging as mandated by policies and procedures.
- Document results by updating test logs, notifying appropriate supervisory or technical staff of negative or unusual results.
- Provide accurate and appropriate information upon request or as necessary. Examples include provision of a paging history, interpretation of on-call schedules, and provision of information on location based on the directory.
- Provide carious communications and answering services for physicians and staff members.
- Record or document answering service calls verbatim.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A complete high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited educational body
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and maintain composure under stressful and/or emergency conditions
- The physical and mental dexterity to function at a console
- 3 or more years of experience using telecommunications systems equipment
- Familiarity with database entry and applications
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Working knowledge and experience using personal computers and the Microsoft Windows applications
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Nights – 8 hour shift 10:00pm-6:30am, Wednesday-Sunday
- Unit/Department: Burr Ridge Call Center
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website