Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine, as a Child Life Assistant in Comer Children's Hospital.
In this role, you will provide recreational and educational activities for hospitalized children and adolescents based on developmentally appropriate needs. Our Child Life Assistant will also maintain Child Life Service patient areas in an orderly manner
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for distributing and collecting toys throughout patient care areas, cleaning toys, and equipment. Maintains the library system and tracks inventory of toy and activity supplies
- Provides recreational activities to patients
- Prepares and cleans up the playroom/playground
- Assists with the getting children to and from the playroom
- Assists in photocopying, entering data, and running errand
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of previous experience or student in the Child Life studies preferred
- Interest in working in a child-friendly environment with hospitalized children
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to function as team player
- One year of previous experience or student in the Child Life studies
- Job Type/FTE: Registry, 0.1 FTE
- Shift: 20 hours per week, rotating shifts 12-8:30pm or 8-6:30pm
- Unit/Department: Child Life
- CBA Code: Non-Union
In this role, we anticipate that you will generally work approximately 20 hours per week. We anticipate that you will generally be scheduled to work the second shift, from approximately 12-8:30pm or 8-6:30pm and will not be scheduled for on-call shifts. We anticipate you will be scheduled to work 100% at the Hyde Park campus. The days of the week that you are scheduled will vary depending on the week, but we anticipate that you will be scheduled to work on weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday).
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website