Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine, as our Assistant Patient Care Manager on Comer Children's 6th Floor. In this role, you will be responsible for over-seeing the operations of Comer 6 on your respective shift and directing the delivery of quality, patient-centered care, in a financially responsible matter.
UChicago Medicine Comer Children's Hospital located in Hyde Park, is a state-of-the-art 172-bed hospital dedicated to caring for infants, children, teens and young adults. Offering a range of services from general care to groundbreaking treatments for the most complex medical conditions, Comer Children's is home to the only Level 1 pediatric trauma center on Chicago's South Side.
Comer 6 holds twenty-nine licensed beds for hematology, oncology, stem cell transplant/immunosuppressed patients and other medical or surgical patients; cardiac telemetry unit, heart station/echocardiograms, minor procedures room, palliative care suite, play area, family kitchen and conference room.
The Assistant Patient Care Manager (APCM) will be accountable for over-seeing the patient flow and operations during their designated shift. Duties include completing daily or shift specific quality audits and Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI) boards, facilitate daily huddles with staff, and directing delivery of quality, patient-centered care in a financially responsible manner. This is in collaboration with and under the supervision of the Patient Care Manager (PCM). In the absence of the PCM, the APCM assumes responsibility for the unit. APCM supports PCM with 24/7 coverage of the unit.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists & collaborates with the PCMs in supporting changes, new and existing programs with staff input and feedback
- Aides in development of goals that are consistent with department goals and Hospitals' mission
- Assists & collaborates in utilizing appropriate resources and departments to facilitate operations
- Identifies issues, presents strategies and acts as a change agent to resolve patient care issues
- Provides clinical expertise and resources for unit
- Rounds, assesses, and addresses customer and patient satisfaction
- Oversees performance management, staff development, and staff retention
- Participates in the Quality Improvement (QI) processes by assisting in identifying issues to be examined, collects and analyzes data, and reports to QI committee and staff
- Evaluates and addresses staffing needs and participates in the interview and selection process of staff
- Monitors a budget and maximizes care efficiency and throughput
- Active participation in committee work and task force assignments on as needed basis
- Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) from an approved school of nursing
- Charge nurse experience with demonstrated leadership skills required and/or equivalent experience
- Current Illinois RN license
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to maintain an open network of communication among staff members, care center and sector leadership, and other health care professionals and departments
- Master's degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Pediatric Experience as a Registered Nurse
- Specialty certifications
- Experience working at an academic medical center and in a unionized environment
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements
- Full-Time, 1.0 FTE
- Night shift, 9p-7:30a with on-call coverage included
- Unit/Department: Comer 6th Floor
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website