Join UChicago Medicine, as an Anesthesia Support Supervisor in our Anesthesia Department.
As an Anesthesia Support Supervisor, you work under the primary direction of Anesthesia Support Manager, in conjunction with the Executive Administrator, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care in order to facilitate the efficient preparation and turnover of anesthesia delivery areas, equipment, and supplies during the second shift.
In this role, the Anesthesia Support Supervisor is responsible for supervising the work of the Anesthesia Technician group, and ensuring optimization of productivity and efficiency.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises the work of the anesthesia technicians in all Operating Room and off-site Anesthesia areas: confirms room turnover and end of day terminal cleaning, assures compliance with respect to high level disinfection processes, provides oversight for stock and supply functions.
- Schedules all anesthesia technicians and certified anesthesia technicians. Schedules daily work according to staffing needs. Will “fill in” in the daily schedule when required due to absences. Assists Anesthesia Manager with creation of monthly schedules
- Provides support and input during performance evaluations as well as corrective action of all technicians. Completes payroll analysis and submits time cards for all subordinates.
- Responsible for the ordering of all anesthesia supplies, equipment and instruments. Supervises organization of support spaces, restocking of OR's and work areas.
- Acts as the department representative on institutional committees.
- Provides regular staff training and contributes to development of training program
- Performs other duties as requested by senior management.
- Associates Degree required in technical, health administration, or related field.
- Must demonstrate computer proficiency
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience as an anesthesia technician preferred.
- At least one year management experience.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time,1.0
- Shift: Rotate, 2p.m-10pm
- Unit/Department: 377360-ANESTHESIOLOGY
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Click here to learn more about UChicago Medicine
- Click here to learn more about our benefits
- Click here to explore other career opportunities at UChicago Medicine
Apply on company website