Join University of Chicago Medicine, as an Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) as part of the Neurology Stroke Service. As the Neurology Advanced Practice Provider, you will manage our acute stroke neurology patients and will leverage knowledge of neurological testing and imaging, acute stroke treatment plans, and neurovascular intervention.
The ideal candidate will have critical care, general medicine and neurology clinical experience that can be leveraged to care for a diverse patient population and the full range of stroke disorders. As a member of the Neurology acute stroke service team, the neurology APP will respond to acute stroke consultation requests from emergency services, inpatient units, and all critical care areas throughout the hospital. Attending physicians hold frequent rounds and are always available to discuss cases and treat patients. Radiology, pathology, and case conferences complement direct patient care.
Provider Job Summary:
The Nurse Practitioner is an advance practice nurse responsible for comprehensive direct patient care management. The Provider manages a caseload of patients and exercises autonomous decision making in the assessment, diagnosis, and initiation of delegated medical treatments. The scope of practice also includes family support, teaching, staff education, consultation, and research.
Provider Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of a formal nurse practitioner or PA program
- Specialty certification as an advanced practice nurse or PA
- Licensed Registered nurse or PA in the state of Illinois
- Current APN license
- NIHSS certification
- Neurology experience required
- Job Type/FTE: Full-Time (1.0)
- Shift: Rotating 12-hour shifts, 6a-6p with the possibility of moving to include night shifts in the future, weekends involved
- Unit/Department: Neurology Stroke
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website