At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
U.S. Bank is expanding the User Experience Design (UXDesign) team in support of our business transformation to a human centric experience. This is no “business as usual” group. In order to succeed, we need people who have high energy and aren't afraid to dive in.
We currently have an opportunity for a UX Visual Interaction Designer (VID) for the iOS/Android Channels team.
The VID role will specifically focus on Android mobile app initiatives and enhancements.
In addition, the team is tasked with creating a cohesive experience that converges our mobile app and online banking platforms to increase user retention and familiarity with U.S. Bank's family of authenticated digital products.
Specifically, you will be Responsible for shaping and improving the user experience through design and considering the effects of typography, space, layouts, color illustrations and photography on the usability of digital product. Combines a thorough knowledge of current design trends, and a working knowledge of front-end development to interface across a variety of digital products.
- Creates accessible interaction modules, screen layouts, style guides, pattern libraries, images, icons and other visual elements for approved and funded projects.
- Applies and updates existing brand (visual and interaction) standards to accommodate new products and campaigns.
- Presents and communicates design and design goals to teammates and partners.
- Validates code is built as designed during projects (according to brand standards, style guides and pattern libraries).
- Reviews artifacts and deliverables from peer designers to ensure they accurately represent the U.S. Bank brand.
- Collaboratively partners with UX peers (visual designers, content writers, accessibility consultants, researchers, prototypers, and strategists) to create world class customer experiences.
- Formally observes user interviews and usability sessions.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of related work experience, such as UX or digital industry
- 4-6 years of experience in UXDesign Visual Interaction Design experience - including low, mid and high fidelity mockups
- Experience in UXDesign Visual Interaction Design for Native iOS, Native Android and/or Responsive Web
- Connected devices and IoT experience
- Thorough understanding of theory of website architecture, interactive design principles, web usability, accessibility, and online marketing and business needs
- Experience with user-centered design from concept to delivery
- Experience creating style guides and pattern libraries
- Ability to work in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, devices and brick-and-mortar locations
- General understanding of UX best practices
- Good communication and presentation skills
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website