At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
Serves as Design Lead – the “go to” leader of design – for product(s) with high profit potential & business criticality; highly independent. Facilitative leader leveraging Design Thinking methods to guide group collaboration, ideation + customer-centered problem-solving. Ensures we're creating best-in-class designs, experiences, artifacts & documentation by defining standards, continually evolving and inspiring top quality from team members — all based in solid, customer-obsessed research. Determines objective quantitative and qualitative ways to measure AMAZING in their practice area, applies measures & constantly raises the bar. Actively leads their core community of practice and improves skills & knowledge by mentoring — including product practitioners outside UXDesign. Builds strong relationships with other senior contributors in their product team(s) – including product owner, TOS lead, risk, and the line of business. Also builds relationships outside product team and introduces others to benefits of great design. Provides visible thought leadership at U.S. Bank by presenting, speaking, writing & actively contributing in internal forums and outside professional groups. Cultivates a strong professional network & actively recruits new team members.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred emphasis on Service Design, Experience Architecture or Information Architecture), or equivalent experience
- Eight or more years of related work experience, such as UX or digital industry, with at least four years of team leadership experience
- Considerable knowledge of user experience (UX) best practices, interactive design principles, information architecture, and experience architecture; Service Design knowledge a plus
- Considerable knowledge of design thinking process and framework, and familiarization with workshop and co-creations
- Considerable knowledge of website architecture, interactive design principles, web usability, and online marketing and business needs
- Experience with user-centered design from concept to delivery
- Experience/familiarity with CSS and responsive design
- Familiar with common design software
- Experience working in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, devices and brick-and-mortar locations; internal facing systems experience a plus
- Experience collaborating with large teams
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website