At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
U.S. Bank is expanding the User Experience Design (UXDesign) Accessibility Team in support of our business transformation to a human centric experience. This is no “business as usual” group. In order to succeed, we need people who have high energy and aren't afraid to dive in. We have multiple opportunities available, at various levels, based on experience, within our Accessibility Consultant Team. This is a great opportunity to ensure that prospects and customers (internal and external) with disabilities experience the same level of service and functionality as those without disabilities.
An Accessibility (sometimes referred to as A11Y) Consultant The ideal candidate will apply existing guidelines, laws, regulations, and best practices to projects that exceed customer expectations while solving for business needs. The Accessibility Consultant is a key stakeholder during the design, prototyping and defect analysis processes, including creating and validating accessibility user stories, evaluating prototypes, reviewing designs and wireframes, providing technical direction, as well as creating materials to educate others about accessibility. In addition, this candidate will partner with our business lines to ensure the user experience (UX) we present to consumers is accessible and meets bank standards. The UXDesign A11Y Consultant candidate has a strong understanding of digital accessibility for the design, evaluation and remediation of defects / issues by analyzing digital products for accessibility issues. They lead collaborations with technologists, developers, test teams, experience architects, researchers, product owners and designers to find workable solutions and to ensure specifications are clearly defined. They are well-versed in manual and automated testing techniques using multiple tools and possess the aptitude to mentor others in the tools. The candidate should have strong communication and presentation skills along with a capable understanding of UXDesign best practices.
Depending on the candidate's skillset and experiences, there is potential to lead a team.
Leveling of position will depend on qualifications. Please read below for Basic and Preferred Qualifications of each level.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of related work experience, such as UX or digital industry
- Serve as a digital accessibility consultant for the design, implementation, evaluation and remediation of defects / issues by analyzing digital products for accessibility. Collaborate with experience architects, developers, researchers, product owners, test teams and designers to find workable solutions and to ensure specifications are clearly defined.
- Review products using manual and automated techniques to ensure we design accessible products.
- Collaborate with teams to determine road maps to reach desired results.
- Assist with research and coordination of response to consumer feedback.
- Actively participate in design, development and testing protocols.
- Collaboratively partner with UXDesign peers (visual designers, content writers, user experience architects, researchers, prototypers / developers, and strategists) to create world class customer experiences
- Develop guidelines for architects, designers and developers to aid in compliance with the current version of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Engage in quality audits and assist with remediation roadmaps where necessary.
- Partner with business analysts, developers, accessibility consultants, testers, product owners and compliance specialists to translate requirements into experience architectures
- Reviews artifacts and deliverables from peers to ensure they accurately represent or improve upon the U.S. Bank layout, design and interaction patterns
- Mentor others on the use of assistive technology from the user's perspective.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of outreach and training for designers, developers, content providers, product owners, business line representation and internal employees.
- Remain abreast of trends and developments in the area of web, application and software accessibility / inclusion.
- Formally observe user interviews and usability sessions
- Work concurrently on multiple tasks or projects in an agile environment
Senior Accessibility Consultant
- Bachelor's degree (preferred emphasis on Service Design, Experience Architecture or Information Architecture), or equivalent experience
- Five to eight years of related work experience, such as UX or digital industry, with at least one year of team leadership experience
- Knowledge of user experience design (UXDesign) best practices, interactive design principles, guidelines, and relevant policies, including current web accessibility standards.
- Advanced knowledge of the appropriate use of ARIA markup or accessible native mobile development techniques
- Experience with JAWS, NVDA, iOS VoiceOver, and/or Android Talkback, Advanced user of these tools
- Experience with GitLab or other DevOps lifecycle tool(s) preferred
- Experience maintaining reusable component libraries preferred
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC) desired
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification desired
- Familiarity of design thinking process and framework, and familiarization with workshop and co-creations desired
- Experience with user-centered design from concept to delivery
- Experience working in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, devices and brick-and-mortar locations. Internal facing systems experience a plus.
- Experience collaborating with large teams
- Team leadership experience desired
- Strategic planning experience desired
- Great communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website