U.S. Bank is seeking a Trading and Investments Business Analyst and End-user Application Developer. This individual is a key member of the U.S. Bank Funding and Investments team within Corporate Treasury. This role works on the derivative trading desk to enhance business processes through automation and data analytics. A key component of the job will be working closely with the head trader to improve hedge performance and P&L attribution. The role will also support the institutional fixed income sales team as a Business Owner / Analyst on an agile development team.
The successful candidate will be curious and ambitious, have strong development skills in end-user tools, be comfortable learning new technologies and can apply those skills to innovate. The candidate should be business focused, supporting the achievement of business objectives through the rapid development of custom technology solutions.
The individual who fills this role will be responsible for collaborating with business partners to understand business needs, translate them into technical tasks, and deliver end-user solutions ranging from ad-hoc analysis to end-to-end process automation. This individual will be expected to design, develop, and maintain their end-user solutions.
End-user tools include: Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerBI, VBA, Python, and SQL.
• Design, build, and maintain desk tools and business intelligence capabilities in support of the xVA hedging desk, Funding, Derivatives and institutional fixed income sales team
• Liaise with technology partners in consolidating required data for enterprise data lake
• Serve in the roll of Product Owner on related Agile Scrum teams and be responsible for gathering and writing necessary business requirements
• Maintain, enhance, and consolidate existing processes that have been automated
• Manage end-user testing of routine vendor system upgrades
• Handle ad hoc requests to generate data files or reports for time-sensitive trade pricing
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 5 years experience within a total information technology (IT) environment.
-At least 2 years experience with tools, facilities and techniques for managing and administering data.
-At least 3 years experience with BI applications; decision support systems, query and reporting, online analytical processing, statistical analysis, forecasting, and data mining.
• Expert level experience using Microsoft applications such as Excel, Access, including GUI design and automation using VBA, and SQL.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Excel for data analysis and comparison
• Natural curiosity and motivation toward process improvement
• Consistently channels analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information to non-technical audiences and senior-level leadership
• Effectively manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
• Experience working in an Agile Scrum development framework
• Experience supporting a trading desk
• Basic understanding of the interest rate and credit derivatives markets
• Basic understanding of fixed income investment products
• Experience with Intrader, SWIFT, Bloomberg API, JIRA, and Python a plus
• Ability to work equally well in a team environment and independently, exhibiting initiative, ownership and flexibility
• Experience visualizing insights and analytics in a modern visualization tool such as Tableau, Power BI or similar is required.
Apply on company website