At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
Human Resources Portfolio Managers leads and directs the portfolio team to ensure that product creation work is consistently scoped, planned, funded, approved, and teams are aligned to support successful delivery. Collaborates with cross-functional businesses to capture and translate business needs into plans and/or roadmaps. Responsible for product work/assignments of high complexity and/or scope. Provides guidance to other team members and may lead a functional team and/or product team. Applies extensive in-depth knowledge of agile practices and established technologies. In Human Resources, we are starting our AgileHR journey to reimagine how we deliver HR products to the organization.
Successful Portfolio Managers exhibit:
Business Acumen – Uses industry, financial, and economic data to accurately describe opportunities for the business, focused on enhancing customer engagement, efficiency, and bottom line outcomes. Applies knowledge to business plans.
Design Thinking – Leverages a customer-obsessed problem-solving process to generate novel digital solutions that delight the customer. Creates scaffolding for creative thinking and structure to activities that often feel messy and uncomfortable; thus, enabling short-cycle design and quick delivery of value to the customer and business.
Growth Mindset – Identifies and acts on unforeseen opportunities, often with limited information, to generate better business outcomes. Empowers others to continuously test new ideas, approaches, and solutions, and learn quickly from failures to refine strategy and decision making.
Influence & Inspire – Persuades skeptics to move quickly on unproven ideas and drives high engagement and generates support in creating excellence without always having formal authority over others. Creates thought leaders of the future through empowerment to be successful in an increasing digital marketplace.
Agile Ways of Working – Facilitates cross-team planning and collaboration of product design and delivery using Agile methodology and tactics. Partners to determine best practices and standards on what is to be done, who does it, how it is done, and why it is being done.
Agile Coaching and Facilitation – Engages relevant stakeholders between product development teams and the business to enhance design and delivery of successful product portfolios. Encourages continuous learning and improvement through promotion of Agile mindset and values.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience as a hands-on Agile Practitioner, Agile Portfolio Manager, Agile Coach and/or Scrum Master
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, Rally (Agile Central), VersionOne and/or Workday Projects
- Advanced experience using collaboration tools to measure health of the product roadmap and optimize delivery predictability
- Experience driving organizational transformation with a focus on continuous improvement and Agile maturity across multiple product portfolios
- Proven ability to coach, mentor, motivate and empower multiple product portfolios simultaneously with a goal to drive optimum performance, efficiency and productivity
- Advanced understanding of the Product Delivery Life Cycle (PDLC)
- Advanced knowledge of Scrum, Kanban, and other Lean-Agile Frameworks
- Extensive experience leading matrix teams geographically-distributed
- Extensive experience working with vendor partners to create a healthy onshore/offshore collaboration model
- Excellent communication, collaboration, leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Executive-level presentation skills
- Ability to engage, collaborate and influence at all levels (team, portfolio, stakeholder and executive)
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems and resolve conflicts at the leadership or stakeholder level
- Ability to inspire team commitment and instill positivity in a high-energy environment
- Ability to think outside the box and continuously learn, change and evolve
- Experience working in the Financial Services industry a plus
- CSM or PMI-ACP preferred
- Optional: People-manager with experience managing multiple direct reports
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website