At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
Be a part of transformational change where integrity matters, success inspires and great teams collaborate and innovate. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical and successful financial institutions. We're looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference! U.S. Bank is seeking a Software Engineer who will contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey.
Participates in the technical design of application systems. Develops and implements application systems by participating through the software development lifecycle from inception to delivery and beyond. The role is high touch position with a notable amount of collaboration across product teams and stakeholders to define requirements and understand how they fit into the end objective.
- Designs and writes complex code in several languages relevant to our existing product stack, with a focus on automation
- Configures, tunes, maintains and installs applications systems and validates system functionality
- Installs new software releases and application system upgrades. Evaluates and installs software patches
- Monitors and fine tunes applications system to achieve optimum performance levels and works with hardware teams to resolve issues with hardware and software
- Assists with application system problem resolution by working with application developers, vendors, and internal infrastructure teams member to troubleshoot
- Addresses product backlog and provide continuous delivery of high-quality features
- Maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation to ensure data integrity
- Acts to improve the overall reliability of systems and to increase efficiency
- Works collaboratively with cross functional teams, using Agile / DevOps principles to bring products to life, achieve business objectives and serve customer needs
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- At least 8 years' experience with developing, implementing and testing Java applications.
- Internet facing J2EE web application design, development and testing
- Experience with Spring, Struts or any other MVC framework
- Experience developing microservices with RESTful APIs using Spring Boot
- Experience with WebSphere, WebLogic or any other Application Server
- Experience with Manual and Automated Testing - preferably using Selenium
- Experience with building Single Page Applications using REACT is a plus
- Agile Development - preferably scaled Scrum
- Strong working knowledge of databases and SQL
- UNIX / Linux (Operator Level)
- API Production and Consumption
- Service Bus Architecture / API Hubs
- Git / GitLab
- Continuous Integration/DevOps
- Service virtualization, test case modeling, and test data management tools and processes
- Familiarity with CI/CD solutions such as Jenkins and Maven
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If there's anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
Apply on company website