At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
Be part of a transformational change where integrity matters, success inspires and great teams collaborate and innovate. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical and successful financial institutions. We're looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference! U.S. Bank is seeking a Software Engineer who will contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey.
The Senior Software Engineer (Android) will be responsible for the analysis, design, testing, development and maintenance of best in class software experiences for U.S. Bank's retail mobile banking application. The candidate is a self-motivated individual who can collaborate with a team and across the organization. The candidate takes responsibility of the software artifacts produced adhering to U.S Bank standards in order to ensure minimal impact to the customer experience. The candidate will be adept with the agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles.
• Responsible for designing, developing, testing, operating and maintaining products and enterprise level reusable interfaces for Android applications.
• Takes end to end ownership by consistently writing production-ready and testable code.
• Consistently creates optimal design adhering to architectural best practices; considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs.
• Makes sound design/coding decisions keeping customer experience in the forefront.
• Takes feedback from code review and apply changes to meet standards. Conducts code reviews to provide guidance on engineering best practices and compliance with development procedures.
• Accountable for ensuring all aspects of product development follow compliance and security best practices.
• Exhibits relentless focus in software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards.
• Embraces emerging technology opportunities and contributes to the best practices in support of the bank's technology transformation.
• Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement
• Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for incremental delivery. Anticipates and communicates blockers and delays before they require escalation.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to six years of relevant experience
Strongly Preferred/Skills Experience
• 8+ years of experience developing and implementing Android native applications for mobile phones, and tablets
• Experience developing and designing reusable components
• Experience leading a team
• Experience in code governance and quality metrics
• Strong experience in designing and developing native Android frameworks
• Excellent programming skills in Java/Kotlin
• Experience with Android SDK performance tools, and optimization
• Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
• Experience with Dagger, RX Java and MVVM architecture patterns
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience
• Thorough understanding of a feature, the users impacted, the flows impacted and feature's purpose.
• Technical designs are clear, well thought out, and considers dependencies, failure states, maintainability, testability and ease of support.
• Considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs.
• Understands the team's domain, how work in this domain relates to the team's objectives and deliverables and how it contributes to overall business strategy and how technical strategy maps to this.
• Thoroughly understands the business model in relation to their current product focus area.
• Ability to analyze the bigger picture, identifying and prioritizing with the aim to consider more than one domain within an analysis.
• Looks for opportunities to simplify product & technical design.
• Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles.
• Able to communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team, including engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors and customers.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website