At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
Acts as a leader as part of an Agile team to deliver high value software solutions that contribute to the success of our technology initiatives in an agile environment. Provides overall guidance for team to adhere to Agile principles and practices. Arranges, facilitates and schedules meetings, demos and decision-making processes to ensure that the proper collaborative process is in use. This includes sprint team backlog grooming, estimating and sizing efforts, release planning, sprint planning daily standups, and retrospectives. Works with stakeholders and team members to continuously improve. Drives quicker delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity. Facilitates team transparency by escalating impediments and shares progress by the team to the appropriate channels. Actively engaged in defining and managing action items, identifying issues and risks, adjusting scope, and identifying tasks necessary to complete planned work. Plans and coordinates testing environment deployments and application / system integration testing. Guides team in self-organization; encourages and motivates team to focus on iteration goals.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of experience in Agile technology delivery
- Five or more years of experience in Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) teams
- Three or more years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and practices and capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge
- Experience in digital transformation - from project oriented organization to product aligned organization
- Understanding of basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Experience in business analytics, product management, or product development
- Experience successfully delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Demonstrated ability to influence team and key stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in ambiguity and iterate to a solution – can estimate and solve basic business problems without explicit direction
- Creative, flexible, and willing to continuously change, evolve, and improve software development processes
- Demonstrated technical leadership and direction
- Demonstrated program-level collaboration and system architecture understanding
- Strong communication, collaboration, leadership, conflict resolution, budgeting and time management skills
- Experience in banking, open banking, or finance is a plus
- Experience with design thinking is a plus
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) certification a plus
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website