U.S. Bank has a Senior Product Owner career opportunity responsible for migrating the legacy telephony platform and IVRs to a cloud-based infrastructure (while optimizing them for stronger performance and superior customer experience). This position is an integral part of the internal team responsible for transforming the voice self-service capabilities of U.S. Bank's contact centers.
The ideal candidate would possess a wealth of hands-on experience with telephony, call routing design and IVRs (documenting requirements and application design) and also telephony cloud-based customer contact-center solutions (Amazon Connect ideally). The preferred candidate will possess an understanding of and ability to convey an executive presence as this career opportunity will directly interact and partner with senior management and business line leaders.
- Partner closely with the business lines and Agile teams to drive the evolution of the assigned products.
- Insights gathering strategies, customer research and testing strategies, design thinking strategies and marketing strategies.
- Communicate product release roadmaps and pilots to stakeholders and collaboratively develop, evolve and maintain product backlog.
- Create user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritize all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy.
- Make product prioritization decisions, follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints and refine agile methodology based on results and client feedback.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products.
- Continually educate product team members on business process and customer value of product capabilities.
- Work with key stakeholders to define product roadmap, high level prioritization and product value metrics.
- Lead stakeholder collaboration to make execution trade-off decisions, e.g., achievement of target architecture vs. business value vs. infrastructure complexity.
- Lead continuous stakeholder engagement for the product team to understand needs, define epics and features and gain feedback on design and working software.
- Act as primary liaison between the business and Agile teams ensuring the teams understand the visions for each product.
- Work closely in a hands-on style with development team including addressing daily prioritization needs, providing real-time feedback and answering questions on an ongoing basis.
- Work with product management to set release dates, determine when sufficient value has been delivered to release to market, understand tradeoffs between schedule, scope and budget and communicate this information to the organization.
- Employ product management practices and tactics including customer research, data and analytics and market research.
- Determine opportunities for solutions in a strategic manner for long term scalability and growth.
- 6 or more years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 6 or more years of related Product owner experience.
- 6 or more years of contact center technology, telephony (Avaya), CTI and call-routing experience.
- 6 or more years of Interactive Voice Response/IVR design and implementation experience.
- 2 or more years of experience with AWS Amazon Connect cloud contact center solution.
- Established record of creative problem solving and creating and building new products and experience working with cross-functional teams and influencing the organization.
- Experience as a business owner for a broad platform of projects and operating as the go-to resource for engineering, customer support and all stakeholders.
- Experience in product life-cycle management, managing multiple projects and balancing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to define and document business requirements as well as acceptance criteria of owned products.
- Experience in documenting process flows to articulate workflow in support of design decisions.
- Demonstrated thought leadership to evolve ideas and propose solutions to address customer needs and evolve strategy.
Ability to independently think, apply judgment and propose thoughtful solutions.
- Strong relationship management with the ability to work independently and with customers across various business units and functional areas.
- Standard industry certifications such as SAFe Agile Product Owner.
Apply on company website