Business Owner Advisory Services (BOAS) is an area within U.S. Bank's Private Wealth Management group consisting of highly specialized professionals with executive/consulting/investment banking backgrounds that provide fee-based advisory services specifically tailored to private business owners.
The Business Owner Advisory Services (BOAS) Managing Director provides comprehensive and objective advice to High Net Worth business owner clients. The MD is responsible for developing new business and providing advice on ownership transition and potential growth opportunities to business owners. Identifies new client opportunities through internal and external channels. Consults with prospective clients about their personal and business goals, and develops strategies to best meet those needs. Further, this individual works with internal sources to expand existing relationships and to identify new business opportunities. S/he actively markets BOAS and maintains an active prospect database and refers clients to other U.S. Bancorp business units as appropriate.
1. Responsible for developing new business for BOAS. Identifies new client opportunities through internal and external channels.
2. Cultivates and maintains relationships with numerous internal and external sources of new business.
3. Meets with prospective clients to explain BOAS offerings. Establishes strong credibility with clients and assists them in evaluating options to accomplish their business and personal goals.
4. Develops and delivers customized presentations/plans to clients
5. Maintains a continuing relationship with existing customers to retain business and develop additional business.
6. Establishes and maintains a network of key people in the industry and community.
Actively ensures compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures. Actively participates in any required corporate and business line training in these areas. Follows account opening procedures and understands and follows internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position. Actively works with customers to understand each customer's normal account activity, as appropriate for this position.
The Managing Director will focus on the California market, but may work with clients in surrounding states, and report to the National Head of BOAS in Minneapolis.
Candidate Profile: The successful candidate will bring a track record in serving as a consultative advisor to entrepreneurs / business owners. S/he will have the financial acumen and industry knowledge to exhibit an in-depth understanding of clients' needs and alternatives. Industry and market credibility are critical for success in this role. Essential Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. MBA is preferred.
• Strong finance and accounting skills
• Senior executive and investment banking experience
• 10 or more years of experience advising business owners on liquidity/transition options and ways to enhance the value of a business
• Proven new business development and sales skills
• Ability to build partnerships and work as part of a team
• Excellent presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Well-developed analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Considerable tact, diplomacy and people skills
• Self-directed and pro-active
• Holds the Series 79 and 63 licenses or will obtain in a short period after hire
Apply on company website