Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspires, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud. At U.S. Bank we're looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
Technology and Operations Services has an outstanding opportunity as an entry-level mainframe developer trainee in Brookfield, WI beginning March 2020. Upon hire you will participate in a comprehensive 12-week training program, introducing you to COBOL, JCL and many software development tools for creating and maintaining software applications in an agile environment.
After completing the initial training, you will begin applying the skills acquired in training contributing toward the success of our technology initiatives. In this role you will be part of the team established to configure and develop application systems using existing and emerging technology platforms, and consult with business users on requirements gathering, system design, configuration, and implementation. You'll be working closely with the Delivery Manager, IT development, and Architecture groups while collaborating with several lines of business.
As an entry level Application Developer you will:
• Assist with development, testing, implement and support of application systems
• Execute test transactions in line with test plans
• Code and test computer programs of low complexity and scope, working with detailed program specifications and utilizing standard procedures and techniques
• Gather information to assist technical staff with investigation, analysis, and resolution of technical problems related to system functions, programming, and procedures
• Develop detailed flowcharts to show processing logic for simple programs
• Document all procedures used in the system
Please include a Cover Letter answering the following questions:
• What interest do you have in the entry level Mainframe Developer Trainee position?
• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this role?
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-Accuracy and attention to detail
-Interpersonal and teamwork skills
-Organizational and time management
-Ability to learn new concepts and programming languages quickly
-Communicate with impact
-Drive and results orientation
-Possesses basic PC skills
-Agility in a dynamic environment
Familiarity with (nice to have):
Apply on company website