At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
Be a part of transformational change where integrity matters, success inspires and great teams collaborate and innovate. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical and successful financial institutions. We're looking for people who want more than just a job - they want to make a difference! U.S. Bank is seeking a Software Engineer who will contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey.
U.S. Bank is currently seeking a product-aware and design-oriented Lead Mobile Engineer (iOS or Android) within Talech to re-imagine and flesh out our mobile experiences across various android or iOS devices. Talech is focused on building the next generation point of sale software for small business through simple, intuitive interfaces and powerful analytics to use on smart phones and tablets. You'll be an early member of small close-knit team that is leading a mission to help merchants run their business better. This role is responsible for the development and application of the next generation of software. We can hire either an Android OR iOS Engineer for this position. The primary responsibility of this role will be hands on coding.
• Designs and develops mobile applications across all Android or iOS devices
• Collaborates closely with our product, design, and server engineers
• Utilize your experience and judgement to make the system scalable and performant
• Defines and documents the designs for applications and enhancements.
• Creates, reviews, and may coordinate execution of unit test plans for multiple projects. Identifies opportunities to improve testing process.
• Assists with design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solution.
• Develops high level program specifications. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.
• Assists technical staff and clients to investigate, analyze, and resolve highly complex technical problems. Identifies and manages interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations.
• Analyzes, defines, and documents design for data, workflow, logical processes, and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external.
• Supervises monitoring of existing application systems operating efficiency. Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends technical solutions.
• Demonstrates deep understanding of the business needs driving projects. May be key point of contact for business line.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Six to eight years of relevant experience
Preferred Skills / Experience
• Excellent programming skills in Object ‘c'/Swift OR Kotlin/Java
• Knowledge of cutting-edge Android or iOS technologies
• Strong opinion about design and a desire for building beautiful user experiences.
• A constant drive to make things simpler and faster
• Empathy for our customers, who rely on us to run their business. All our team members regularly speak with our customers
• Comfort and delight in a small, intense, high-growth startup environment
• 6+ years of experience in mobile/software development
• Familiarity with MVVM, Room DB, Coroutines and LiveData or Core Data
• Solid engineering and coding skills with good understanding of data structures and asynchronous programming
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website