U.S. Bank is looking for emerging talent from undergraduate campuses ready to jumpstart their career with us. This position has been identified for a start date of January 2021.
Why U.S. Bank?
Join a team of more than 74,000 employees in 28 states and eight countries, all committed to doing the right thing, making smart changes and collaborating for the good of our customers, communities, and other stakeholders – and especially for the good of one another. But don't just take our word for it – we've been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2018 World's Most Ethical Company® for four years running.
Part of doing the right thing is making sure our employees feel welcome and supported at work, while challenging you to develop personally and professionally. At U.S. Bank, you'll be empowered with the tools you need to succeed in your role and grow your career.
A typical employee spends eight hours a day at work. We think you should spend that time doing something you love, not just earning a paycheck. We can't wait to meet you – apply today.
Commercial Real Estate Credit Analyst Training Program Overview:
U.S. Bank is the 4th largest commercial real estate bank lender in the United States with $42 billion in loan commitments related to a wide spectrum of property types and clients from private developers to institutional funds, REITs and public companies. Our Commercial Real Estate department (CRE) offers a diverse array of financing solutions including construction, bridge and non recourse term debt, subscription and warehouse lines of credit.
CRE is recruiting for its next Credit Analyst class to join the National Underwriting Team. This selective program will provide an excellent foundation in commercial real estate and credit principles as Analysts gather, analyze and interpret information on prospective loans, as well as review existing loans to identify, evaluate and recommend action to minimize risk. The role prepares candidates for internal opportunities in Relationship Management, Capital Markets, Underwriting Management, and Credit. CRE's Credit Analyst Training Program offers the following advantages in a highly collaborative and fast paced work environment.
Impact: Real world training with multimillion dollar CRE loans
· Responsibility over an assigned loan portfolio within weeks
Contribute: Participate in credit committee meetings
· Credit Analyst is a key member of each deal team
Exposure: Client interaction / Property tours
· Opportunities to meet with clients, tour projects & markets
Variety: Gain broad based CRE and finance experience
· Exposure to a wide spectrum of clients, markets, property types & loan structures
CRE Credit Analysts will be responsible for underwriting new business opportunities and loan portfolio monitoring by assisting Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers in two primary areas:
1. Origination of CRE loans: The preparation of new business opportunities for credit approval including project, market and sponsor financial analysis, structuring of loan terms and risk evaluation.
2. Monitoring of CRE loans:Ongoing portfolio management of existing loans including market analysis, covenant compliance tracking, collection and analysis of financial statements, problem loan reporting, and ongoing assessment of risk factors which may affect a project's and/or client's risk profile.
Explore your career possibilities at U.S. Bank and join a company that's as passionate as you are about helping our customers meet their goals and making a difference in the communities we live and work. Our industry-leading financial performance, innovative spirit and best-in-class reputation empower employees to succeed. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
· Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
· Strong sales and relationship management skills
· Thorough understanding of credit and collateral requirements
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
· Position entails start date in January 2021
· Preferred ‘Dec 2020 grads'
Apply on company website