The Wealth Management & Investment Services Chief Risk Office (WM&IS CRO) has an opening for a Risk Professional to support our technology risk management programs. This position will work to measure, monitor, and mitigate risk within the business line by coordinating, overseeing and reporting activities related to technology, information security and data privacy risk programs. This position interacts with Senior Leaders in WM&IS, Other Risk Professionals and the Corporate Operational Risk Program team.
Wealth Management& Investment Services CRO is responsible for the oversight of Information Security and Technology programs which require compliance with standards, appropriate documentation, monitoring of performance, and reporting.
The US Bank risk management structure is designed to promote effective governance and risk management that is systematic, transparent, credible, timely, and verifiable through clear delineation and execution of key roles and responsibilities. Its goal is to manage risks that may impact the company, including, financial, operational, reputational, strategic, and other risks as appropriate.
The Risk Professional is considered a first line of defense function.
Key functions include:
- Responsible for coordinating the IT risk management functions on behalf of WM&IS for Technology/ Information Security (IS) Policy implementations, IS initiatives, and IT risk and control self-assessments (RCSA).
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the business line and throughout the enterprise to effectively identify, analyze, and monitor technology risks embedded in the business line to assist in remediation efforts when necessary.
- Responsible for Data Protection & Privacy risk programs. This role partners with the business line, Operational Risk, Technology Operations, and IS to ensure data is sufficiently protected and we are compliant with the policies.
- Review proposed policy changes from the Second Line of Defense and identify where and how the proposed changes would impact the business units within WM&IS
- Engage, partner, and build relationships with business line stakeholders to understand and address technology related risk and to promote policy / control awareness.
- Assemble reports for our Business Unit Risk Managers, Senior Management, and CRO to highlight and support risk reduction for technology focused initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Seven to ten years of applicable experience
- Knowledge and experience with the financial services industry, products, policies, operations, systems, and procedures related to information security and technology.
- Understanding of Wealth Management & Investment Services associated risks/controls
- Possess knowledge of Risk/Audit/Compliance competencies
- Professional presence with strong skills supporting process, projects and people
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, planning and implementation skills
- Ability to multi-task and successfully lead and manage multiple high priority initiatives/activities
- Proven ability to manage stressful situations
- Strong PC literacy in Microsoft Office applications
Apply on company website