At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
U. S. Bank is seeking a detailed oriented Financial Systems Business Analyst to support the Finance Division's Data Warehouse and Applications (FDW & OFSA) in Management Reporting Operations. This involves attending the TOS Project meetings and representing MRO and our application files. This includes, managing the design (if new), development, maintenance of existing files into FDW/OFSA. These data feeds provide the information needed to support bank-wide Basel initiatives, Regulatory Reporting initiatives, and any new data elements needed for the Bank's new reporting application software (Axiom).
The Analyst will attend project meetings that have gone through the prioritization process and are ready to start development work. They will read/interpret business requirements written by the Business Lines for changes to application files and determine impact to MRO. The Analyst should have a good understanding of the Business so that when needed, they are able to challenge the Business Lines when necessary. In addition, the Analyst will need to interpret the TOS functional/technical design documents written by the programmer. It could also involve writing business requirements when FDW/OFSA requires additional data elements.
As the project moves through the development life cycle, it will also involve testing and working through issues. It will involve querying information from a data warehouse, writing some PL/SQL for data manipulation and performing other ad-hoc data mining, profiling and financial analysis. As the project moves into production, they will maintain project documentation serving as a resource for the rest of MRO when application questions arise.
Specific duties could include some of the following:
* Gaining a working knowledge of business needs in order to write business requirements for new interfaces.
* Research and analyze the financial data of the bank in order to determine best problem-solving approach.
* Working with other programmers and reviewing their technical design document.
* Data warehousing (Creating Oracle tables and loading test files using Oracle SQL Loader.)
* Testing the data. A critical component of which includes reconciling data to General Ledger information. Proficiency in Microsoft desk tools such as Excel and Access are required.
* Documenting test issues and re-testing until bugs are worked out and data reconciles.
* Writing Oracle procedures (PL/SQL) to refine the data and add other Managerial Reporting data including Transfer Pricing and Basel/Economic Equity calculations, and data quality checks.
* Possibly sharing in monitoring month-end close activities, including those months when month-end occurs on weekends.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, CIS, CS, Statistics, Math, Accounting, Finance or Economics, or equivalent work experience
- Two to three years of related experience
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Strong understanding of Financial and Business concepts.
- Able to voice concerns/opinions in meetings.
- Desire to produce accurate, high-quality work
- Proficiency in Microsoft desk tools such as Excel and Access.
- Working knowledge in SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, and TOAD for Oracle.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deliver results on aggressive deadlines.
- Requires excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Skill in Project Management.
- Expertise in analytical and data profiling skills.
- Expertise in work flow analysis, system testing (Agile).
- Experience in requirements and functional design analysis and system development life cycle.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website