At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
The Economic Sanctions List Screening Analyst is responsible for fulfilling the Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements through enhanced evaluation, identification, and research of relationships on behalf of U.S. Bank of both new and existing accounts.
Responsibilities include performing analysis and enhanced due diligence on results from OFAC/Sanctions, custom watchlists, 314a, Adverse Media and PEP watchlist screening of customer accounts according to U.S. Bank policy and procedures. The role will partner with other Enterprise Financial Crimes Compliance (EFCC) departments and Business Lines to complete due diligence review and report details as needed to appropriate areas. Responsibilities also include back up and support for Sanctions related escalations from Business Lines including but not limited to wire transactions, international ACH transactions (IAT) and trade finance. Position may require weekends and/or overtime.
- Analyze output of OFAC/Sanctions and other applicable watchlist screening and make decisions on appropriate action to take.
- Maintain thorough documentation of analysis performed.
- Work cooperatively with U.S. Bank internal departments to obtain and evaluate necessary information related to the analysis.
- Assist in implementation of OFAC/Sanctions and other screening detection methods, such as training and instruction manuals.
- Assist with departmental reporting.
- Support any special projects or critical casework.
- Actively ensures compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all AML, BSA, information security, and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures.
- Participates in required corporate and business line training.
- Remains current on legal, regulatory AML/BSA and OFAC requirements and actions.
- Analyze sanctions related escalations from Business lines and make decisions on appropriate action to take.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- One to two years of applicable experience
- Knowledge of AML/BSA, OFAC, PEP, KYC and FinCEN-related laws and regulations
- Knowledge of U.S. Bank's operations, systems, and practices within business units
- Knowledge of AML/BSA, OFAC laws and regulations
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-motivation and organizational skills
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Documented record of achieving results both individually and in a team setting
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in an operational/compliance driven environment
- Ability to coordinate and work collaboratively with internal and external contacts daily
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and/or experience in using other database applications
- CAMS certification
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website