At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspires, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud. At U.S. Bank we're looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Data Innovation Lead with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our strategic technology initiatives. In this role you will be part of a high performing team to design, architect and drive the delivery of modern data solutions. In this role, you will closely partner with business users on requirements gathering, system design, configuration, and implementation.
As a Lead Data Engineer you will:
- Partner with core business line subject matter experts to design and architect solutions that align with business priorities.
- Design and implement the data acquisition strategy with the right toolset (ETL, Streaming, etc.)
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Use large data sets to address business issues
- Utilize BI tools to profile data
- Deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics
- Provide leadership in sprints, CI/CD and the DevOps efforts
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as econometrics, computer science, engineering or applied mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of statistics or analytics experience
- 5+ years of Experience as a SQL Developer or Similar Role
- 5+ years of Experience in Cloud computing platform such as Google Cloud or AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Excellent understanding of T-SQL Programming
- 5+ years' experience at isolating and resolving T-SQL performance issues, without using Profiler.
-5-+ years' experience in coding highly-efficient complex T-SQL, involving very complex logic, and many large tables up to 100GB each.
- Familiarity with advanced indexing, normalization, triggers, how to make all coding set-based, and indexed views.
- Design and implement data acquisition strategy with the right toolset (ETL, Streaming, etc.)
- Good Knowledge of Python/JSON
- Working knowledge with modern database features such as Columnar indexing, in-memory processing.
- Sense of Ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success
Critical Thinker and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience dealing with financial data preferred.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website