The work you'll do on the U.S. Army Reserve health care team as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is a vital service that will make a difference in the overall mental health of the U.S. Army. In this job, you'll work in the following clinical areas: inpatient psychiatric units, alcohol/drug rehabilitation programs, day treatment programs, mental health clinics and combat stress units. You'll collaborate with some of the finest minds in medicine to address the unique challenges service men and women face every day. The hands-on work, specialized care, intervention and counseling you will provide in this field will make a lasting impact on soldiers lives, and your own. Also, you may continue to work in your community and serve when needed.
Benefits may include:
- Health professions special pay for qualifying nurse specialties
- A monthly stipend through the Specialized Training Assistance Program (STRAP) for qualifying nurse specialties to pursue a Masters of Science in Nursing. Applicant must be currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program.
- Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP) which repays qualifying education loans to lending institutions for certain qualifying nurse specialties
- Travel opportunities, to include humanitarian missions
- Enrollment in the Uniformed Services Blended Retirements System
- Low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Specialized training to become a leader in the military nurse community
- Masters degree as a Psychiatric/Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner from a program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Board certified as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Must be between 21 and 42 years of age upon initial appointment. Prior commissioned time is credited one-for-one against the 42-year age cutoff.
- Current, valid, active, and unrestricted nursing license as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
To learn more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/nurse
SSG Richard Lange
Army Healthcare Recruiter
Virtual Army Medical Recruiting Center
4550 Parade Field LN
FT Meade, MD 20755
Office: (202) 568-1470
The work you'll do on the U.S. Army Reserve health care team as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is a vital service that will make a difference in ...
Apply on company website