As a member of the Front Desk Team, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. The ideal applicant will display great customer relations skills and take initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner. The Front Office ensures consistent quality of customer service is provided to all guests. Front Desk Clerk needs to communicate client specifications to appropriate operational departments. The ideal candidate will be an excellent Atrium Hospitality Front Desk Clerk with all the professionalism and positive outlook needed to be successful at our property.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Register and assign rooms to guests of the hotel without announcing room numbers. Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts. May make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests.
- Compute bill, collect payment and make change for guests. May post charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone by hand or machine.
- Answer, receive and transfer incoming calls/outgoing calls, messages, faxes utilizing appropriate means ie telephone, fax, switchboard, computer.
- Ensures rooms and services are correctly accounted for within guest statement. Properly accounts for services provided by the hotel. Assists guests with check out payments or charges.
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation as stated in the SOP. Account for all cash and make deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guest and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions. Record guest comments or complaints, referring guests to managers as necessary.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer.
- Reports to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management; complete safety training and certifications
- All other duties as assigned or needed.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Front Desk, Reservations, and or one year experience in front desk operations and one year experience in direct sales or retail trade; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Be able to stand continuously up to 8 hours per shift and ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use and operation of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website