If you are an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN or NP) or physician assistant (PA) who enjoys working with the aging population, consider joining the TruHealth team. Our providers work primarily within nursing homes or assisted living communities with residents who are enrolled in special Medicare Advantage plans. You will be responsible for providing plan members with personalized, coordinated health care that improves quality of life and prevents unnecessary hospital visits.
As one of our advance practice providers, you will exercise your independent judgement to treat patients with acute and chronic conditions, consulting with a supervising physician as appropriate. You will work closely with our facility partners and health plan leadership to Implement our national model of care in compliance with all federal and state regulations.
TruHealth is a division of American Health Partners, a multifaceted company with operations in multiple states. We own nursing homes, health plans for Medicare beneficiaries living in long-term care facilities, as well as divisions offering psychiatric care, home health, hospice, rehabilitation and specialty pharmacy services. We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits and advancement opportunities.
Come grow with us!
TruHealth is seeking an advanced practice provider, either a nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA) with experience in primary care or internal medicine, preferably with geriatrics focus. This position gives you the opportunity to improve outcomes for long-term care residents by collaborating with a team of providers and case managers. You'll enjoy a great benefit/pay package and possibilities for career growth.
Our NPs and PAs are team players who contribute to TruHealth's success and help our partners enhance their residents' quality of life. Duties include:
- Assessing patients' medical and mental health needs and providing a plan of care that proactively manages their conditions and addresses barriers to care
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal agencies related to clinical services you provide
- Prescribing medications and ordering lab work, diagnostic procedures and consultations
- Monitoring patients' compliance and response to their treatment and modifying those plans
- Working with RN case managers as part of an integrated care team
WORK EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS AND EDUCATION
- APRN or PA license required
- Degree from an accredited APRN or PA program
- 3 years' experience in clinical nursing or rehab in geriatric populations
- Electronic Health Records experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Word, Outlook and Excel
- May be required to provide training and advice to facility staff
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
- Bachelors degree or better
- Masters degree or better
- 3 year(s): Long Term Care
- Primary Care in Geriatric Medicine
Licenses & Certifications
- APRN Advanced Practice RN
- Physician Assistant
Apply on company website