Posted Date: Oct 6, 2020
Director: Join our growing culinary team in Middleburg! The Executive Chef will lead a culinary team of 12 Associates in providing excellent patient and retail dining services in a 130+ bed hospital setting. Considered applicants must have schedule flexibility Sunday - Saturday from 7:00am - 5:30pm. Previous Sous/Executive Chef experience required.
TouchPoint, Support Services, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, and food service. TouchPoint is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.Job Summary:
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional. The Executive Chef oversees kitchen operations while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for the staff. Prepares or directs preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines.
• Plans regular and modified menus according to established guidelines
• Prepares or directs preparation of all food by the kitchen staff. Follows standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality
• Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on TouchPoint and regulatory standards
• Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas. Ensures that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned
• Maintains inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
• Makes all decisions regarding utilization of leftover food products staying within TouchPoint guidelines for such products
• Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits
• Visits patients on an assigned nursing unit or area and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of the management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay
• Follows facility, department, TouchPoint and Compass safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting
• Participates and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
• B.S. Degree in Culinary Arts, Food Services Technology/Management/or related field; or A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
• Minimum of three to five years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
• Extensive catering experience a plus
• High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
• Institutional and batch cooking experiences
• Hands-on chef experience a must
• Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
• Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
• Must be willing to participate in patient satisfaction programs/activities
• ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Apply to TouchPoint today!
TouchPoint is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 418313
ERIN S PRINDLE
Apply on company website