Charge Off Collector
The Community Choice Financial® Family of Brands is looking for a Charge Off Collector to join our team and become part of a dynamic corporate culture dedicated to supporting our stores and team members. Our Collections Agents use their customer service and negotiation skills to work with title loan and personal loan customers facing payment difficulties and assist customers in settling their accounts. Whether it's accepting payments over the phone or setting up a payment plan, our Collections Agents handle sensitive customer information daily with the highest of integrity. You come to the table with the dedication and work ethic we expect of every team member, and we'll provide you with a competitive salary, training, tools, and resources you'll need to succeed. This is a full-time, in-office opportunity.
- Conduct calls to account holders who are past due to negotiate payment arrangements or settlements within set guidelines.
- Receive calls from customers whose accounts are charged off to answer payment questions or make payment arrangements.
- Record transactions and customer interactions with accuracy and detail.
- Ensure all federal and state guidelines, including FDCPA, are followed while meeting defined Quality Assurance requirements and other measures of success.
- Ability to maintain a full-time work schedule with regular in-person attendance, including limited Saturday hours, is required for this position. A full-time work schedule for this position includes, at a minimum, 40-hours per week.
Physical demands for this position frequently include: the ability to remain in a stationary position, move about freely inside and occasionally outside of the office, and the operation of mechanical controls, such as a keyboard.
- Minimum one year of previous telesales or collections experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Listening skills with the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Ability to type 40+ wpm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's Degree
What We Offer
Our Benefits Include*
• A comprehensive new hire training program designed to help set you up for success
• Access to a robust learning management system, full of e-learning modules and training programs to help boost your professional and personal development
• Professional Development and Mentor Programs plus Ongoing Training Resources
• Multiple coverage levels for Medical, Dental, & Vision
• Group Health & Wellness Program, plus special savings on retail items, travel, entertainment, and more
• Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with Company match
• Options for Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
• Basic and AD&D Life Insurance
• Optional pet insurance
• Voluntary benefits, including short-term and long-term disability insurance, accident, critical illness, and hospital confinement insurance
• Paid Time Off (Accrue 12 days per calendar year plus 1 additional day for each year of service after the first year of employment)
• Performance-based career advancement
*Based on current benefit offering, which is subject to change with or without notice. Certain benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the governing plan documents which should be consulted for additional details and eligibility requirements.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
Diversity at the Community Choice Financial® Family of Brands is one of the driving forces behind our Company's success and we are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining talent of various backgrounds who demonstrate our shared values. We have worked to create a welcoming and inclusive environment where Team Members can collaborate freely to help spark innovation, drive creativity, advance their skillset, and move their career forward. Our commitment to diversity isn't just about the work we accomplish; it's about fostering a sense of belonging where talented Team Members can bring their whole selves to work to help maximize their full potential.
Our Workplace Awards and Recognition
We are honored to be recognized as a Military Friendly Employer for 2021, 2022, and 2023, a Best Company to Work for by InHerSight, and have received designation as a Top Employer for Hispanic and Latinos by HLPA in 2022 and 2023.
Community Choice Financial Family of Brands ("CCF") is a leading retailer of financial services to unbanked and underbanked consumers. CFF is the parent company to eleven brands including TitleMax®, TitleBucks®, InstaLoan® Check Into Cash®, Cash 1®, Check Smart®, Easy Money®, Rapid Cash®, and Speedy Cash®. With more than 1,700 retail storefronts and several online products available in 20+ states, CCF is steadfast in our commitment to help people across the country get access to the short-term financial services they need when they need it the most.
*Store hours, schedules, and/or the minimum number of hours required for this position may be subject to change by brand entity and at the sole discretion of the Company. Speak with your recruiter for the most up-to-date hourly requirements.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Company may, at its discretion, revise the job description at any time, and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position.
Important: The Community Choice Financial® Family of Brands will never ask you for banking or other payment information at any point during the interview or hiring process, nor will we conduct an interview via text message. Any official email correspondence will come from the domains @ccfi.com, @titlemax.com or @titlemax.biz. In-store positions are in-person only, remote options not available. For questions or verification, call 1- 855-TMX-JOBS.
The Community Choice Financial® Family of Brands is committed to providing an inclusive workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Candidates of all background are encouraged to apply. CCFI Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website