TMX Finance Family of Companies is currently seeking a Corporate Assistant Controller to join the Carrollton corporate office. In this role, you would be responsible for managing multiple accounting teams in compliance with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and Company standards.
This position is based in-office. The health and well-being of our Team Members, their families, and our customers remain a top priority for us. That's why we've taken a number of steps to help maintain a clean and safe environment where Team Members can thrive, and customers can feel safe. Currently, in our stores and Corporate offices, we're practicing social distancing, encouraging face coverings (unless otherwise required by law), and considering state, local requirements and Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to help ensure a clean and safe environment for all. As the situation evolves, changes may be made to our practices, in line with state and local mandates as well as CDC-guidelines.
- Assess, communicate and solicit support for recommendations for resource needs.
- Ensure high quality hiring and performance management processes.
- Document goals and manage staff performance.
- Address performance not meeting expectations.
- Develop and challenge team members exceeding expectations
- Ensure adequate, relevant training for all staff in various areas including
- Business products and supporting technologies
- GAAP, SOX and company policy related to assigned areas
- Lead teams in the successful execution of full cycle accounting calendars (monthly, quarterly and fiscal year end), on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP, setting clear direction, resolving obstacles and ensuring a high quality review process:
- journal entry processing
- account reconciliations
- fluctuation explanations (budget/forecast to actual)
- internal and external financial reporting
- SOX controls, and other analysis required to support assigned balance sheet areas and related business processes.
- Research accounting pronouncements and develop company policies for new, changing or existing business transactions. Broadly communicate impacts to the organization and ensure understanding.
- Ensure that SOX controls adequately address business and technology risks relevant to assigned areas and are being applied accordingly. Ensure all processes are documented, kept current and executed in accordance with company policy. Oversee maintenance of financial systems within areas of responsibility.
- Manage the audit process relevant to assigned areas. Oversee and ensure overall responsiveness to internal and external company audits, including preparation and review of PBC list items
- Partner cross-functionally to understand the business transaction and ensure that transactional activity is complete and coded accurately. Clearly communicate the impact to the company's financial statements. Escalate risks and proactively resolve issues.
- Drive continuous business process improvement, primarily through the design and implementation of technologies. Oversee robust and accurate business requirements, reporting and testing for all system changes impacting accounting.
- Comfort in a high growth, fast paced, changing environment. Adapt as circumstances change or new information surfaces.
- Position requires to work extended hours particularly during the month-end, quarter-end and year-end process
The Assistant Controller will be a part of the Accounting Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. This team handles all the day-to-day financial reporting and accounting activities for the organization, as well as maintain the appropriate internal controls. They effectively manage our relationships with external auditors and regulatory agencies, and understand the “big picture” – or full-cycle accounting – and how the pieces of the Company fit together from a financial perspective.
To learn more about this team, visit https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/
Check out what's happening in our Company at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Company may, at its discretion, revise the job description at any time, and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies Are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Apply on company website