SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Hourly Wage Estimate: $24.93 - $37.61 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Recreation Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At the Medical Center of Aurora, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Behavioral Health Recreation Therapist for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Recreation therapists work as part of a health care team that includes physicians, psychologists, nurses, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists, rehabilitation counselors, social workers and teachers. They determine and implement a client's therapeutic goals and objectives with children, adolescents, adults, groups and/or families. As a Recreation Therapist with us:
- You will be responsible for offering individualized assessment, treatment planning, treatment implementation, and evaluation to restore, remediate or rehabilitate specific aspects of physical, cognitive, emotional or social functioning to assist patients in improving their overall functioning and independence in life activities.
- Conducts evidence-based assessment including structured interview, direct observation, information from others and/or record review to generate age, diagnostic and culturally appropriate baseline data that identifies the patient's strengths and limitations in physical, cognitive, social and emotional functioning as well as behavioral functioning and interests in leisure/play.
- You will anticipate in the interdisciplinary process of individualized treatment planning.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- BLS-Healthcare provider through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- CPI certification within 6 months of hire.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) Certification
- Bachelor's degree in therapeutic recreation or a closely related field required.
- Two to three years of clinical/direct behavioral healthcare experience with minimum of one year in an acute care setting required.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and able to work with a highly diverse population.
- Must be knowledgeable of ADAD and TJC standards.
- Must be knowledgeable of behavioral health evaluation and consultation processes.
- Must have ability to perform recreational therapy practices, methods, techniques, and opportunities for recreational therapist to collaborate with other health care disciplines to improve patient functioning and independence. multiple tasks simultaneously and work in high stress environment.
- Must be able to apply critical thinking and formulate diagnostic impressions based upon review of systems, history, symptoms and current presentation.
- Must be able to provide crisis intervention and utilize system resources/referrals.
The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive three-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch.
The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, and has an affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children as well as the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The Medical Center of Aurora was named to Healthgrades 2020 America's 250 Best Hospitals, putting TMCA in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes.The Medical Center of Aurora is proud to be a part of the HealthONE system of hospitals.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website