TJX Companies Inc. – A Global Off-Price Retailer
The TJX Companies, Inc., the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, is ranked 75 in the 2022 Fortune 500 companies listings. TJX operates TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria, and the Netherlands and tkmaxx.com in the U.K., Homesense in the U.K. and Ireland, as well as TK Maxx in Australia. With more than 4,700 stores in nine countries and four e-commerce sites, we are a global, off-price retailer delivering great value to our customers through the combination of brand, fashion, price, and quality. We welcome you to visit us at WWW.TJX.COM.
Sourcing Specialist - Apparel
Plan and control the activities of designated sourcing unit and assign tasks to staff. Monitor workflow and coordinate vendor site visits. Strategically source and follow program guidelines to meet established goals for client orders set by TJX merchandise and sourcing management. Conducts market research and coordinates visits at trade fairs and exhibitions for market sector. Oversee and visit manufacturers, factories and overseas agents as required. Work closely with TJX global sourcing team on buying calendars, merchandise categories and production schedules. Ensure inspection programs and company compliance guidelines are followed with regards to sourcing.
- Plan and control the activities of designated sourcing unit based on commercial and development strategies decided by management and TJX sourcing and merchandise departments. Assign tasks to Sourcing Specialist, Marketing Reps and Merchandise Assistants and monitor workload.
- Supervise the trips of staff with foreign and resident Buyers and participate in vendor site visits as required.
- Negotiate the best price for merchandise in conjunction with TJX buyers.
- Remain in constant contact with TJX management to obtain information on strategies and development projects on the region and on other foreign markets, sales data on merchandise and markets conditions that impact sourcing decisions.
- Evaluate both local and other markets to recommend the best source for a particular product or category of products. Investigate market opportunities within the region. Coordinate foreign trips to vendors as required and write proposals to establish cost and benefit of attending trade shows and exhibitions. Once approved designate staff to attend trade shows. Coordinate external buyer attendance at shows if required.
- Once orders are placed, ensures order standards are met and handle difficult situations with manufacturers. Spot check vendor warehouses when a quality or production concern arises. Visit factories to create opportunities and resolve problems.
- Ensure that potential new vendors and factories can meet TJX's standards and requirements for Social Compliance and Cargo Security Programs.
- Sourcing responsibility varies by product line.
- Work in a team environment with U.S. based merchants, product teams and logistics team. Monitor outside vendors, agents, manufacturers and factories.
- Decisions involve evaluation of market trends and sourcing vendors that can meet order requirements. Make recommendations on whether to select certain vendors or manufacturers. Partner with TJX teams in decision making on processes and procedures in merchandising, sourcing and logistics areas.
- University graduate with minimum 5 years' solid experience in sourcing and production or related field of which at least 2 years' experience in buying office, agent or well-known importer catering to U.S. Market
- Proven relevant experience as specialist in assigned category or generalist in other categories in U.S., Canada, or UK retail market
- Fluent in conversation, written and comprehension of English and Mandarin Chinese; other language or Chinese dialects a plus
- Understanding of buying office, manufacturing principles, materials, production process, U.S. customs and International logistics and trade with hands-on approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven record of building relationships
- Exceptional organization, problem solving, negotiation and time management skills
- Independent with a passion in products and knowledgeable in latest market trends
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial
- Willing and able to frequently travel to explore new opportunities
- Salary ranges above industry average
- Harmony Fridays - 4.5 Day Work Week
- Flexible Working Hours - 2 Days Work-From-Home Flexibility
- Clear Career Progression to Sourcing or become a Buyer
- Spacious Working Environment
- Year-round Social Events
- Dental & Medical Insurance include spouse and children
For applications, submit an online application by clicking Apply Now.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data collected will be treated with strict confidence and be used exclusively for recruitment purpose. Applicants who are not contacted for an interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Apply on company website