Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Warren || OH
Senior Distribution Center Analyst-Lordstown Ohio Distribution Center
Performs on- site audits which consists of ascertaining, evaluating, and documenting financial as well as operational controls within the Distribution Center. Through these audits, the position will assist in ensuring the accuracy of the financial and unit valuation of merchandise. Serves as an on-site liaison between the Home Office Finance Division and the Distribution Center.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for performing audits in the Distribution Center (Operational/Engineered Standards (ES) Audits and Merchandise Flow Audits).
- The Operational/ES Audit includes testing each of the major operational areas of the building (receiving, layup, header entry, ticketing, selection, holdings, and shipping). The Merchandise Flow audit provides information relative to the flow of merchandise from the DC to the store.
- Based upon these audits, this position is responsible for reporting the results to management, and recommending improvements to existing DC controls and procedures.
- Ensure the integrity of inventory throughout the fiscal year. Recommend improvements to DC management to reduce damages, to reduce shrink, and to increase the accuracy of DC inventory. Research Over/Shorts and perform system maintenance when necessary.
- Keep current on activities in the warehouse. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all operating procedures which deal with the flow of merchandise through the DC. Utilize available reporting to identify and present opportunities for efficiencies to DC management.
- Work with Home Office associates from other divisions as appropriate on special projects that have financial implications. This includes participation in reviews of special merchandising opportunities, assisting in financial and LP audit programs, reviewing DC processing changes, and reviewing systems opportunities. Participate in ad- hoc financial analysis as necessary.
- Responsible for the DC Inventory process at year end, which is a critical function to ensure the integrity of our financial records. Act as a key contact between Distribution Services and Finance.
Job Knowledge & Skill Set
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or Retail
- 2-4 years of Accounting, Auditing, Distribution Center Operations, Merchandising, or Planning experience would be beneficial.
- Accounting/Audit Skills and Inventory Control Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Distribution or merchandise experience
- Strong Computer Skills (Including MS Excel)
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Warren || OH
Apply on company website