Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for caring for our Residents. The Maintenance Technician assists the Director of Maintenance with repairing and maintaining equipment, physical structures, and plumbing and electrical systems by performing the following duties. Responsible for the general maintenance of the Community, including all common areas, resident apartments, grounds, equipment and mechanical systems and driving the community van.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. is considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
$500 sign on bonus - paid over a 12 month period!
Shift Details: As scheduled, including on weekend day per week
Maintenance Technician Job Responsibilities:
• Perform minor maintenance of all systems such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical and other general duties as required to safely and properly operate the Community.
• Perform a wide variety of building maintenance and mechanical work including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, interior and exterior painting, masonry, drywall repair, small appliance repair, minor equipment repair and troubleshooting; floor cover cleaning (shampooing, buffing, stripping waxing, etc.) as assigned by Director of Maintenance.
• Promptly respond to and on-going maintenance and repair issues throughout the community work order system.
• Assure light bulbs are replaced throughout the community as necessary.
• Help maintain and track information regarding maintenance of the building and grounds. The logs required may include, but are not limited to:
o Hot Water Temperature
o Emergency Generator Charge Checks
o MSDS Sheets
o Fire Extinguisher Charge Checks
o Fire Drills
o Emergency call system tests.
• Maintain outside grounds of the community and snow removal as necessary. Check for litter daily.
• Assist Housekeeping department as needed to ensure that the community is kept clean and sanitized at all times
• Inspect and prepare all apartments for rent-ready status as per company policy before new residents move into the Community. Rent-ready apartments must include, but not limited to – needed carpet and vinyl replaced or cleaned; cabinets and woodwork finished properly; windows cleaned and replaced if seals are broken; leaky faucets or toilets repaired, or replaced if necessary; complete interior painting; appliance repair, if necessary; re-caulking, if necessary; repair and/or replace light fixtures and electrical cover plates; clean and repair A/C units; and install new window treatment, if necessary.
• Respond to the maintenance needs of the residents.
• Document legibly.
• Work with other team members to complete tasks as assigned.
• Participate in community and resident programs including, but not limed to, Safety Committee, Infection Control Committee and new resident orientation program.
• Maintain residents' rights to the best of your ability.
• Participate in all required training, orientation, meetings and programs offer by employer.
• Present a professional demeanor that communicates to current and prospective residents the corporate philosophy of service, goodwill and genuine interest in the residents' unique needs. Conduct yourself and your business at all time so as not to detract from or reflect adversely on the reputation of the Community. Handle all resident concerns and complaints with finesse and in a caring, polite and professional manner.
• Perform other duties that may be set by the corporation or specified by the Maintenance Supervisor. Complete all assigned duties that may change from time-to-time according to resident needs.
Maintenance Technician Work Experience:
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities and have excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively with different levels of technical or professional personnel from outside contractors.
• Ability to relate well to residents and their families.
• Working knowledge of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical.
• Use caution in performing duties and maintain safe working practices.
• Compassion for the elderly and sick.
• Must be medically able and willing to wear a NIOSH-approved tight-fitting respirator (N95 mask), if required by and in accordance with federal or state regulations or Spectrum policy.
Maintenance Technician Educational Requirements:
• Minimum requirement of high school diploma or equivalent.
• One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
• Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401K; PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement;
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
• Free lunch with various shifts; on the job training; online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more!; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs.
Apply on company website