About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $22 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We have been setting decisive and innovative trends for many years in the development and marketing of software for chemical analysis laboratories. Our chromatography data system Chromeleon enables chemists in most laboratories around the world in any industry to perform high throughput analysis of chemical samples. From quality control in pharmaceutical laboratories to chemical analyses to doping controls at major international sports events, our software plays a critical role. As digitalization is expanding tremendously in the world of science and in Thermo Fisher Scientific, we are looking for talented individuals to join our growing team of highly qualified employees.
Our software development department is responsible for new product development and maintenance to support challenging customer requirements, as well as to control hundreds of highly complex chromatography instruments and components. This group works closely with the product development teams from instrument business units, as well as with marketing, support and field service teams. We and our stakeholders have high expectations on quality and on-time deliverables.
For the support of our Team we are looking for a
Technical Writer / Technischer Redakteur (f/m/d)
How will you make an impact?
Working with an International team this position will develop technical documentation across a range of subjects with various features and innovations. In this role, you will be contributing to a popular and well known Thermo Fisher product, that in-turn helps our customers to use this product more efficiently and understand it more quickly.
- Developing technical documentation for lab automation software for different audiences
- Perform research, writing, and maintenance of Help systems, installation and configuration guides, and customized documentation
- Strong analytical skills, and excellent English writing and editing skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly in a variety of styles, including extensive knowledge of grammar, style and spelling
- Cooperate with service providers to ensure on-time delivery of translations and printed documentation
- Degree in Technical Communication, Computer Science, Chemistry (Instrumental Analysis (GC, MS, HPLC)), or related field with an emphasis on technical documentation, or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Ideally 5+ years of experience as a technical writer in a software-development environment
- Developing translation-oriented technical documentation for different audiences
- Solid knowledge of relevant authoring tools (e.g., Adobe RoboHelp) and graphics design tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Working experience with a content management system (e.g. SDL, AuthorIT, or Schema ST4)
- Basic knowledge of developing and structuring content using XML-based authoring tools
- Ability to organize information, learn complex concepts, and explain concepts and instructions clearly and concisely
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills and experience with working in a cross-cultural team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team
- Knowledge of translation memory tools (Across Translation Memory, SDL Trados) and / or programming experience would be an advantage
What we Offer
Employment within an innovative, growth-oriented organization
Outstanding career and development prospects
Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
Exciting company culture, which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.
We are looking forward to receive your application. Please refer to the above Job ID and include your salary expectations as well as your period of notice.
Apply on company website