When you are a part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 70,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are seeking a technical writer to help provide web-based pre- and post-sales technical support and education to external customers as well as internal personal. The primary responsibilities of the technical writer will include: creating, editing and updating technical support content for both our internal knowledge bases and www.thermofisher.com. The technical writer will also help with development of the information architecture, which includes tagging of content and articles with metadata to ensure proper content classification and display of content back onto our website. The candidate will use their scientific background and apply their knowledge to understand the support ecosystem and delivery of content to customers. They will also review customer feedback, voice of customer information, and customer complaints to continually improve the overall digital support experience.
- Develop web-based / online technical content based on customer and business need including customer support tools like product FAQs, troubleshooting guides, product selection tools, education hubs, webinars, videos and other tools to be determined.
- Utilize existing content, modify existing content, or develop new content, as applicable to make compatible with a website article format.
- Draft, edit, review and finalize technical documents in collaboration with cross-functional teams to publish on the website.
- Help to develop information architecture of support content, including metadata tagging and content classification.
- Gather customer feedback and work with technical support teams to update web content accordingly based on technical support team recommendations.
- Work with cross-divisional and web teams to implement content on website as needed.
- Work with Services & Support marketing team and Global Marketing on “Customer Insights”, to assess how customers utilize support information, uncover technical support needs, propose and develop new tools or channels to support those needs.
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system.
- Present web and technical updates and contribute to department meetings.
- Participate in training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies to remain at the cutting edge of scientific knowledge.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in the Life Sciences. MS preferred.
- 1 to 2+ years Laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues. Enjoy use of web, chat and social media channels.
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, Internet and word processing applications.
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Willingness to learn, with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Problem-solving ability required.
- Strong computer skills and literacy, including spreadsheet, powerpoint, database, and word processing applications as well as with the Internet required.
- Embodies the 4i Values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
- Technical writing experience or experience with drafting, reviewing, and editing documentation
- The ideal candidates will possess experience in two or more of the following fields: molecular biology, cell culture, cell biology, assay development, fluorescent assays, QPCR techniques, PCR, genomics, microarrays, bioinformatics, and protein expression, purification, and analysis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work.They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73784829
Apply on company website