When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist, Western Workflow- Pennsylvania and Eastern Canada (PA, VA, WV, QC, PE, NS, NF, NB, ON). Remotely based in Philadelphia, PA or Pittsburgh, PA.
Responsible for sales and related support activities for Thermo Scientific Western Workflow products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts comprising the assigned territory: Pennsylvania and Eastern Canada (PA, VA, WV, QC, PE, NS, NF, NB, ON).
The Western Workflow portfolio contains innovative, high quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery with reagents for every step in the western blotting and immunoprecipitation process. Our extensive portfolio of leading edge protein detection products and technologies focused on western blotting and immunoprecipitation position our customers to generate high quality, publishable results with minimal time and effort.
With the inclusion of the iWestern in our portfolio, we now give our customers the ability to completely streamline their western blotting workflow. Our iWestern workflow includes our rapid semi-dry and dry transfer units, Powerblotter and iBlot2 as well as our multifunctional imaging instrument, the iBright. Our iBright revolutionizes western blotting by allowing the simultaneous detection and quantitation of up to 4 fluorescent targets, chemiluminescent blotting, DNA gels and protein gels.
What will you do?
- Achievement of assigned territory sales and profit goals within expense budget plan by proactively calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits and by telephone
- Work closely with internal counterparts and distribution to develop specific account growth strategy, account mapping and penetration
- TSS is a highly technical position and requires in depth knowledge of Western Blotting products and services to support both internal counterparts and distribution
- Generates and qualifies sales leads by building a strong pipeline, focused on protein extraction, western blotting, imaging and immunoprecipitation
- Perform complete western workflow demos of extraction, electrophoresis, transfer, immunoblotting, detection and analysis
- Maintain appropriate records and process demos, sample requests per Company guidelines
- Gathers, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback
- Provide weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows and related activities as deemed necessary
- Prepare and execute annual Territory Sales Plan and updates as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry; advanced degree, preferred
- 2+ years sales experience in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts
- Must have knowledge of key accounts in assigned territory
- Must have experience with cell biology and western blotting via prior work experience and education
- Ability to lift up to 50-100 lbs. frequently, walk and or stand up to 8 hours a day, and travel to meet with customers
- Must be proficient in using MS office, and experience in using a contact information management system
- Overnight travel up to 50% of the time based upon territory
- Valid driver's license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance and acceptable driving record
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website