We are looking for an ambitious Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) to join our Biosciences sales team in the UK. As TSS you will sell our Sample Preparation product portfolio and KingFisher™ sample purification instruments to our current and prospective customers across the UK. You will focus your time on building strategic relationships, identifying new sales opportunities and nurturing them to completion. You will also grow relationships with current customers and internal Account Managers to maintain a good quality of service, foster organic growth and drive sales.
The sales territory for this role will cover all of the UK. It will be a field-based role and will involve a high level of weekly travel (when safe to do so) within your sales territory (on average 3 days per week), with some overnights required. When not travelling you will be able to work from home. Due to the ongoing pandemic, travel may initially be very limited, with the majority of your time spent working from home. We are open to qualified candidates based anywhere in the UK, providing you are willing and able to travel as required.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will have the opportunity to develop a truly international career with an industry-leading global company. Join us and achieve your best – both personally and professionally.
What will you do?
- Sell Thermo Fisher Scientific Sample Prep & KingFisher™ products and services to customers and prospects via direct sales and channel partners
- Scope out the short and long-term strategic and operating plans for the portfolio; implement the commercial strategies
- Qualify and perform instrument demonstrations where needed
- Consistently monitor results of sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of our CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities for growth; engage in business development for emerging technologies or market segments
- Oversee contracts/quotations by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin
- Partner with senior members of the team, globally and in the region, to formulate cross-functional strategies for accelerated growth
- Monitor market intelligence and keep abreast of competition, economics, and the regulatory environment
Who we are looking for:
- Degree in a Life Science, ideally Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry or similar (Masters or PhD level preferred); or equivalent knowledge & experience
- Knowledge of, and experience using, Sample Prep products (instruments, kits & plastics)
- Prior sales experience, ideally within the Life Science industry
- Previous experience selling capital equipment and pipeline/funnel management would be an advantage
- Strong analytical and business planning skills
- Collaborative and result-oriented mindset, with ability to influence at all levels of seniority and within a complex, matrixed environment
- Fluent in English (verbal & written)
- Willing and able to travel up to 70% of working time across the territory, including overnight stays
- Valid driving licence
What's in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
- Competitive salary plus sales bonus
- Company car
- Generous benefits package
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it's not just a career. It's a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82307604
Apply on company website