Job Title: Supervisor, Technical Support
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Glasgow, Scotland or Madrid, Spain or Darmstadt, Germany or Vilnius, Lithuania or Budapest
How will you make an impact?
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What will you do?
- Manage and coach Technical Applications Support Scientists to obtain highest individual and team performance, career development, and employee involvement.
- Manage the Support activities across the team to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Drive growth of the business to meet revenue targets.
- Be a leader to the team, inspire, coach and motivate your team to achieve excellence in your business and customer satisfaction scores.
- Develop, share and implement the long-term vision and strategy of the Services and Support Team.
- Monitor workload and manage schedules to meet goals and objectives and share innovative ideas for optimizing resources.
- Report on actual performance relative to goals and provide variance analysis and revised projections.
- Ensure that suitable metrics are developed and monitored for the performance of the Support Team.
- Ensure that an effective communication is in place for the staff to be aware of relevant issues within the function and the company as a whole.
- Monitor and resolve customer difficulties, including customer complaints.
- In depth understanding of standard operating procedures and developing methods for ensuring compliance and accountability.
- Lead project(s) through to successful implementation.
- Help transform the customer experience via the implementation of new support tools and processes.
Manage the Technical Support activities to achieve optimized customer satisfaction, grow service revenue, and maintain a high level of employee satisfaction. Employ practical process improvement to drive business excellence and productivity. Develop team members to their fullest potential. Actively work to drive growth and stimulate new business. Be a leader, champion and advocate for your team on the North America Service and Support extended leadership team.
Direct Reports – A team of exceptional Technical Application Scientists (TAS).
Work closely with business partners to manage the following processes:
- Recruiting of new staff, as required.
- Retaining and developing existing talent within the organization.
- Establishing Annual Priorities & Goals for your team and the business.
- Yearly review of talent and development of the greater Services and Support team
- Training plan is developed and team is held accountable to achieve.
- Monitor Support demand, ensuring right balance of headcount.
- Actively seek and develop process improvements which increase our ability to provide service and support, meet revenue targets, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain relationships with international company contacts to facilitate communications and expert assistance when required.
- Participate as an active member of the Americas Services and Support, and Commercial Operations organizations.
- Liaise with all other functional groups in the company to ensure a smooth and efficient interface between staff and the rest of the organization.
How will you get here?
- BA/BS or equivalent years of experience required, advanced degree preferred in life science discipline; Strong numerical reasoning and scientific aptitude
- 5-10 years of proven track record in a similar discipline with 0-5 years of leadership experience.
- Marketplace/Scientific knowledge – knows Customers' environment in Research, Clinical and/or Diagnostics settings across a wide range of scientific workflow (preferred)
- Successful candidate must work in the assigned office.
- Specific knowledge of LSG instrumentation and applications (preferred)
- Technical Support and/or Customer-Facing experience (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Is able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Capable of working independently; self-motivated and proactive
- Extensive experience using personal computers and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communications and is capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and arrive at a consensus.
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Is tenacious, decisive, nimble and quick, able to adapt from one situation to another quickly
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Stretches across borders, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues
- Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought
Apply on company website