Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location / Division
West Hills, CA / Transplant Diagnostics
How will you make an impact?
The Staff Scientist, Biochemistry will work with our team of talent scientists developing and supporting products for transplant diagnostics. We will work together to translate customer requests and fundamental science questions into novel technology and tools to service the transplant community
What will you do?
- Develop POCT, bead-based and other platforms of immunoassay in support of current products and new product development
- Explore and perform feasibility studies for antibody detection and related new products and process, as well as product or process enhancement
- Optimize and document newly developed process or protocols
- Preform data analysis and write reports as needed in support of regulatory filings and internal communication.
- Develop, implement, and perform verification and validation studies as well as other studies in support of R&D objectives.
- Update inventory, maintain equipment, and keep good record and documentation
- Train new employees. Train and transfer new methods to other employees.
- Assist in project planning, monitor progress, and generate reports and other data summaries
- Partner with scientists and other company staff in R&D and other functions in the identification, development, and implementation of new products and processes
How will you get here?
Education / Experience
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology or related discipline AND 2 years of postdoctoral experience, preferably in the discovery and development of diagnostics or therapeutics; OR master's degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology or related discipline AND 7 years of commensurate experience, preferably in the discovery and development of diagnostics or therapeutics.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Extensive experience in biochemistry, analytical chemistry and cell biology. Hands-on experience in POCT, micro-bead technologies, immunoassay assay development, purification of antibodies and related proteins highly desirable.
- Strong problem-solving skills as well as ability to make contributions to setting strategic direction, identifying roadblocks, and providing detail on alternative approaches to overcoming issues and problems.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Ability to summarize and transform data into action plans.
- Strong communication skills. Effectively communicate orally and in writing with both supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to lead projects and coordinate with multiple functional areas
- Flexibility and adaptability in working in a highly dynamic and interdependent environment. Highly motivated and dedicated
- Familiarity with compliance and regulatory requirements
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82053010
Apply on company website