Job Title: Staff Engineer, Software Test
Requisition ID: 162020BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information
Division: Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing
Location: South San Francisco
How you will make an Impact.
As part of strong software team working on developing software for Ion Torrent semiconductor DNA sequencing product lines using groundbreaking technologies, you will help accelerating software testing using test automation to ensure the integrity, accuracy, and design compliance of RUO and as well as diagnostic products. You will be involved with automation test strategy, tool evaluation, test planning and resource management, and resolution of issues that impede the testing effort!
What you will do.
• Lead the software test automation and manage software test automation team at onsite and offshore.
• Evaluate and incorporate new automation tools to improve capabilities of existing in-house test automation tool
• Define the scope of test automation within the context of each software release for web application and embedded instrument control software
• Plan, deploy and manage the automation testing activities during SW development, SW Verification and Validation phase. Coordinate with developers to analyze issues found during the testing, provide test bed setup and be a supporting hand to fix the issues.
• Conduct code reviews and ensure good coding practices for test automation
• Setup, monitor and update nightly jobs using tools such as Jenkins for CICID to support software development team. Work with development team to get issues resolved before formal build release
• Conduct the Sprint planning meetings, manage Sprint dashboards for the automation team to ensure project deliverables are on track.
• Lead the manual software testing as and when needed.
• Write and review test cases (manual and automation), test strategy, test data, reports, and trace matrices, ensuring design compliance and test coverage
• Initiate and support automation improvements, help with performance benchmarking, performance testing.
How you will get here.
Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field of study.
• Bachelors degree and 8+ years of Software testing experience, or Master's degree and 6+ years Software testing experience which includes 5+ years of test automation experience.
• Solid technical experience with Selenium, JUNIT, Test NG, Jenkins, postgres, mongoDB, JSON, XML and performance testing tools like Load Runner,
• Experience in writing test plans, test cases, simulating test data for software verification of medical devices.
• Good understanding of various test automation frameworks and reporting tools
• Experience in test automation strategy, planning and execution.
• Good understanding of testing methodologies, regression, sanity, performance, feature verification testing
• Utilized HP ALM and Jira
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results
• Self-motivation, problem solving ability, organizational skills, thoughtful and detail-oriented
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Passion to delivery quality results on time and in a highly ethical and professional manner
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/85934241
Apply on company website