When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Regional Market Development Manager (RMD) is responsible for the Go-to-Market strategy development, implementation and demand generation in North America. S/he will be responsible for developing and implementing local regional campaigns as well as implementing globally developed campaigns within the region in support of the yearly revenue objectives for genetic testing solutions.
Ideal candidates for this position will be a results-oriented leader and will coordinate closely with Global Market Development, Product Management, Sales and other partners at various levels in the company. S/he acts as project lead and liaison to internal and outside vendors, maintaining excellent professional relationships, in order to facilitate the conversion of marketing ideas and messages into effective marketing programs. S/he will be responsible for defining and implementing regional and globally developed campaigns, events and promotions to build a pipeline of prospects, and engage with customers across research and industrial segments. The candidate would have the opportunity to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams and cultivate key partnerships with KOLs in support of strategic programs. Successful candidates will combine strong scientific understanding with strategic analysis, business acumen and leadership skills
What will you do?
• Lead cross functional teams as an individual contributor to develop tactical action plans that drive demand and revenue growth in genetic testing solutions.
• Execute strategic marketing plans for North America and network them with Sales, Product Management and Global Market Development. Proactively drive performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones. Update plans quarterly based on the market opportunity and channel feedback and network them for alignment and execution support.
• Drive qualified lead generation and conversion programs that result in sales and long-term customer satisfaction. Measure and report on market effectiveness.
• Develop messaging & tools that communicate the value/brand directly to customers through multiple channels, including sales force, digital marketing, events and word of mouth strategy.
• Partner with sales teams and gain customer insights to develop tools and shorten the sales cycle.
• Synthesize customer experiences and feedback to product management and global marketing for strategic message, applications and product concepts.
• Maintain relevant knowledge of competitive activities and develop effective countermeasures.
• Develop and implement sales force training with assistance from relevant partners; participate in sales discussions and customer visits, where possible.
• Work collaboratively with the sales force on business development opportunities.
• Lead and drive strategy, cross-business coordination and tactical execution for selected North America-based trade shows and conferences, from large international conferences, to smaller local workshops and seminars.
• Establish relationships with customers, key opinion leaders
How will you get there?
- Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biology
- 7+ years in a Clinical or Life Sciences marketing or product marketing role.
- Lab experience in genomics technologies such as PCR, Microarray or Sequencing
- Has thorough functional understanding of corporate marketing functions, planning and strategy.
- Proven experience in a strategic role working collaboratively and independently to drive results
- Customer focused, results driven and demonstrated business acumen
- Able to develop, align and execute impactful tactical plans with clear objectives, quality deliverables and key performance metrics.
- Ability to work on problems of routine to diverse scope. Ability to influence at a senior level without direct authority. Identifies problems, proposes resolutions, answers questions from customers and sales colleagues, gains cooperation of others to implement efficient solutions.
- Preferred: Experience in molecular diagnostics, infectious disease market segments. Sales experience a plus. In depth knowledge of the clinical market and competitor technologies.
- Preferred: Proven track record of success in growing sales in clinical molecular genetics or diagnostics, including managing relationships with Key Customers/ opinion leaders in their field
- Field travel up to 25% travel.
COMMUNICATION, WRITTEN AND ORAL
- Participate proactively and consistently, and play an active, positive role in working through various levels of operating mechanisms, including internal and external partners to achieve goals of the company, customer, and colleagues.
- Provide routine updates through verbal and written communication of successes, failures, best practices, etc. to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team.
- Must be willing to learn and take coaching from peers and supervisors/superiors, both in success and failure.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/77046750
Apply on company website