What will you do?
In this role, you'll take over the lead for cross-functional projects with diverse internal teams ranging from R&D, Operations, Planning, PMO to meet project objectives and metrics.
You'll set-up and supervise overall project schedule, monitor and report the progress of project phases, achievement of milestones and communicate decision needs. Moreover, you'll plan, direct, supervise and control the execution of all business, technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the project. Based on thorough analyses, you will facilitate the evaluation and prioritization of projects and enable the BPD leadership team to make strategic decisions. You'll prepare executive-level presentations for internal as well as external meetings
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress and action logs
- Organize and lead project meetings and compile project status report to stakeholders and project team to drive deliverables to schedule and develop resolutions to mitigation risks/issues.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Lead project execution to ensure standard Project Management best practices are employed
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and prepare reports for leadership
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
How will you get here?
- Bachelors' Degree in Science/Technical discipline along with significant Project Management experience
- Several years (3-5 years) project management and team leadership experience with proven track record in successfully leading projects from start to finish
- Ability to manage multiple projects and interface effectively with team members and across multiple departments & regions/countries
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Relevant experience with Lean / Six Sigma experience in an industrial environment is beneficial.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong familiarity with project management standards and methodologies including PMI Body of Knowledge
- Process oriented and structured working style plus capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Well organized with the ability to work under pressure and deliver work to highest standard
- Results-oriented team player with strong communication skills
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational influence skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website