You are a life-long learner excited by complex and diverse challenges and believe in putting the customer first. With over 1000 customer-facing colleagues distributed over the globe, our customers rely on us to help them select and use the right products to move science forward. Now is an exciting time to join our Genetic Sciences business where your expertise will help a diverse customer group to keep their instruments up and running, enabling them to focus on their critical research and other essential business activities. Our technology is used to help solve the world's toughest challenges from the fight against COVID-19 to Zika to many others.
Business Development Manager – Molecular Diagnostics West / South Europe
Senior Manager – Molecular Diagnostic EMEA, Licensing and Commercial Supply,
Life Sciences Solutions
Position Objective: Identity, evaluate and execute opportunities to out-license and supply products, on an OEM basis, to molecular diagnostic companies for their use in their products and services.
• Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to sell the Company's products to other companies to be used by them on an OEM basis and/or license Company's intellectual property to third parties. Focus on molecular diagnostic related workflow (sample prep, qPCR, sequencing, Next Generation sequencing, micro-arrays).
• Initiate and develop productive client relationships in multiple functions (e.g R&D, in-licensing, production, procurement, marketing, quality, regulatory affairs) with client companies and at multiple levels within them (scientist, project manager, manager and occasionally executive levels), as may be necessary.
• Participate on, and may lead, cross-functional teams to execute on client opportunities that include legal, licensing, manufacturing, marketing, R&D, etc.
• Develop pricing proposals for large, complex, often multi-year deals and contracts. Make informed judgments of value to the customer upon which to develop pricing proposals for highly customized products, for which easy benchmarks are often unavailable. Negotiate other terms and conditions.
• Understand and act in accordance to applicable licenses and intellectual property, as well as monitor and manage contracts and relationships with clients and possibly the company's in-licensing team.
• Coordinate technical support to determine client needs, respond to inquiries, and resolve problems in a timely fashion. Investigates product issues and ensures satisfactory resolution of customer complaints.
Nature and Scope
Participates with other team members to develop business plans and objectives across the product and IP portfolios of the company.
Will often be with manager and colleagues in team selling situations.
Erroneous decisions can have a considerable impact on the overall success of current and/or future company operations, both within the incumbent's portfolio of products and IP, but also more broadly across the company, due to the strategic nature of many of the company's capabilities to a relatively small number but important clients.
Ability to effectively negotiate with and influence potential clients, partners, vendors, and internal staff required. The ability to effectively shift priorities and work at a rapid pace required. Proven relationship building skills required.
Excellent communication skills, including writing, articulating, listening, and questioning skills required. Ability to effectively interface with all levels inside and outside the company, including senior management required.
Measures of Contribution/Impact
Revenue growth. New deal generation. Customer feedback from multiple levels and functions about incumbent's effectiveness. Feedback from colleagues across functions on project leadership effectiveness.
Knows the fundamental concepts of intellectual property, patents and contract law. Knowledge of IVD regulations, CLIA and manufacturing quality standards. Advanced knowledge of molecular biology and, specifically, of Company products.
Excellence technical expertise needed on Genetic Analysis instruments (Capillary electrophoresis sequencing, qPCR, Next Generation Sequencing, micro-array).
Requires a bachelor's degree in any life science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree and/or MBA preferred.
Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including lead development, negotiation of supply agreements, sales funnel management, product development/commercialization and competitive market research. Demonstrated ability to lead teams without being the manager both internally and externally. Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentations required.
Has contact with all levels of company employees as well as frequent interaction with potential partners/alliances.
Will work out of a home or company office.
Travel required (up to 40%) to customers and to meetings with colleagues at company sites in California, Texas, and Norway.
Life Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Job Category Corporate Development
Person will cover West and South Europe territory.
City Home Based
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75742664
Apply on company website