When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The candidate will plan and carry out assays associated with the development of novel cell culture media formulations and processes.
What will you do?
In this role you may complete some or all of the following duties:
- Candidate must be able to work on teams within the Cell Culture Laboratories.
- Must have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and prioritize work with supervisor as necessary.
- Carry out standard operating procedures involving basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping.
- Responsible for testing data records, notebooks, customer reports and computerized data storage.
- Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure assays are within operating parameters. Advise supervisor of factors that may affect quality of data.
Education: Minimum of AAS degree (BS preferred) in Biology, Biotechnology, or related Sciences.
- Requires a functional knowledge of laboratory equipment and techniques.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Initiative, organizational and computer skills are extremely valuable to ensure effective laboratory operations.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Must possess self-motivation and the ability to work on routine analysis or new assignments with limited instructions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel.
- Two years of experience in a laboratory setting following an AAS degree, is preferred
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with cGMP, GLP, CLIA or other lab regulation is preferred.
- A background in mammalian cell culture, immunotherapy, or similar is preferred.
- The Sr. Lab Technician works in a laboratory environment and is required to lift up to 40 lbs.
- As a Sr Lab technician, you may be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- You must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. A Sr Lab Technician must be able to work flexible hours.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73725588
Apply on company website