The Sr. HR Insights & Analytics Partner will apply people data and analytics to improve workforce decisions that drive business performance and growth at Thermo Fisher Scientific with over 70,000 employees.
Design, execute, and present results from analytical projects that will inform critical business decisions and actions impacting the talent lifecycle, including headcount and workforce planning, talent management, career development, diversity and inclusion, organizational effectiveness, engagement, company culture, and retention. With actionable insights and recommendations, this position will help lead the way in transforming HR into a truly data-driven organization.
- Serve as the dedicated HR Insights & Analytics Partner supporting the operational and strategic business objectives of the Materials and Structural Analysis Division and Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division within the Analytical Instruments Group.
- Design and implement innovative, data-driven solutions that address business and HR needs and challenges.
- Lead projects involving quantitative and qualitative studies, statistical and analytical modeling, and prescriptive and predictive analysis using large, complex sets of structured and unstructured data, bringing together talent data with cross-functional and external data sources.
- Deliver recurring scorecards and dashboards on business performance and the effectiveness and impact of HR investments.
- Present data, insights, and recommendations for action as a visually compelling story.
- Build analytical capability of HR business partners through guidance, consultation, and training as the expert on the selection of appropriate tools, the identification of drivers, trends, and proactive opportunities from the data.
- Represent HR and business needs during the design and rollout of companywide analytics solutions.
- Partner with team members within the HR Insights & Analytics Team and across the central HR Platforms (Productivity & Operations, Talent, Culture & Counsel, and Total Rewards) to pilot solutions and lead change management within your client groups.
- Fulfill ad hoc data and analytical requests as needed.
- Maintain integrity and strict confidentiality to protect employee data privacy.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with data and analytics required.
- Advanced skills in data visualization and analysis tools – experience with Power BI or Tableau preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong command in both soft skills (communicating, presenting, delivering high-quality customer service, and maintaining trust in professional relationships) and hard skills (advanced technical abilities in data wrangling, advanced analytical techniques, data visualization, and visual storytelling).
- Must be effective in presenting to senior and executive leaders.
- Must be a strong practitioner, trainer, mentor, and consultant who enjoys learning from others as well as continuous self-driven learning new technologies, tools, and techniques, and sharing expertise with others.
- Must be a curious, creative problem solver with strong project management skills and the ability to stay organized to deliver on multiple competing priorities while always seeking the most effective, efficient, and scalable way to accomplish results.
- Experience with change management and navigating with leadership agility within a large, global, highly matrixed, and rapidly evolving organization.
- Experience in programming preferred (Python, R).
- Experience with statistical analysis and natural language processing software preferred.
- Experience with HR systems – Workday and/or Kenexa preferred.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website