When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. A division of Thermo Fisher responsible for providing onsite services at customers locations. We provide services at over 400 customer sites globally.
This position is located in Framingham, MA.
How will you make an impact?
As a Site Specialist II, you'll be a part of the important work being done in the lab by supporting and servicing our customers onsite.
What will you do?
- Makes on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Performs stockroom duties to include:
- receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, systematic replenishment, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Basic customer service activities which may include:
- order entry, expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders, vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
- Utilizes either Thermo Fisher Scientific's order/inventory management platform and/or customer ordering system.
- Perform laboratory services such as glassware collection/cleaning, biological waste collection/sterilization, media preparation, and/or chemical inventory receipt/reconciliation.
- Operates various Thermo Fisher Scientifics' handheld devices that include:
- Delivers direct shipment orders to end users/ performs deliveries as required.
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Supervisors (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and company reports to ensure stakeholder requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues and/or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or GED Required.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
- 1-2 years of equivalent experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven customer service skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values.
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use handheld scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- May be required to work independently within customer location
- Extensive walking/standing may be required for 75-85% of the day
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82508943
Apply on company website