When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With passionate managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Senior Technical Sales Trainer for the Biosciences Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific is a member of the North America Market Development team, responsible for the development and implementation of sales training content, in alignment with commercial sales organization needs, across various product lines in the Molecular Biology business unit.
The ideal remote candidate would be in Carlsbad, CA; but can also be remote in the upper 48 of the US.
How will you make an impact?
With the support of internal product portfolio owners, you will help develop product and experimental workflow training materials, confirm that all content generated is in alignment with marketing go-to-market strategies with emphasis on competitive positioning and selling approaches, give training presentations both live and recorded for a commercial sales representative audience, ensure knowledge transfer, and help maintain/update the content of existing training materials so that the most updated and relevant training content is available for new and existing members of the sales organization.
You will act as a training resource to the Regional Marketing team to align internal facing product and technical sales training materials with marketing programs that will lead to revenue, improved customer engagement, and growth. You will also work with a cross-functional team of marketing managers, product managers and sales teams to identify training needs, focused product/workflow topics and delivery mechanisms for sales training content, leading to enhanced commercial teams' understanding of how to sell and position the products and workflows of the Molecular Biology business. This is a highly visible individual contributor position where quality, clarity of voice, scalability and understanding of our internal audience are paramount to your success.
What will you do?
- Work with subject matter experts to develop learning solutions using a variety of authoring tools and delivery systems
- Collaborate with Manager and cross-functional teams to scope training requirements, objectives, and resources
- Support the North America Regional Marketing team at the bi-annual sales meetings
How will you get here?
- Minimum education requirement is a bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry or related biological sciences discipline
- Masters' degree in life sciences preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years in instructional design, curriculum generation with emphasis on web-based training modules or related training experience required
- Experience training commercial selling teams on workflows, product, and sales approaches toward customer needs or competitive positioning
- Professional sales skills methodology and terminology
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and visual communication
- Skilled at taking complex topics and converting to digestible training content
- Working knowledge of laboratory or experimental biological sciences
- Understanding of commercial sales teams and their experiences to drive meaningful sales rep calls to actions
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in an individual and team environment
- Capable of identifying and implementing alternative solutions when impediments prevent the current process from being completed
- eLearning tools and experience in script writing, video and podcast generation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Apply on company website