Job Title: Senior Supply Specialist: Statistical Forecast and Global Demand
Requisition ID: 118368BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This role will be based at our Pittsburgh, PA site.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Supply Chain Specialist: Statistical Forecast & Global Demand will Lead Global demand planning strategy for LPD. They will drive tools for the divisions for transparency and gap analysis vs financial commitment against the global picture. This role is responsible for analytics, process and reporting within supply chain and interacts with all related demand groups to ensure customer satisfaction across the end-to-end supply chain. You are the global process owner for Demand Planning, responsible for keeping things standard and sustainable for the division as well as constant improvement.
What will you do?
Global & Statistical Forecasts
- Process owner of demand planning within the LPD Division
- Create, Roll out and Monitor Demand Planning Standard Work including documentation
- Extensive experience with Consume to Forecast in any ERP is a must
- Accountable for customer service, inventory, and forecast accuracy metrics, process and visibility
- Drive the statistical forecast process & tools
- Run statistical forecast (optional or in region)
- Build tools and process to help the business consolidate the demand picture globally
- Assure bridge between demand plan and financial plan
- Document processes, create and update training
- Drive regional & global demand analytics
- Communicate and align Demand Planning with LPD leadership to help drive revenue, profitability and CAS
- Accountable for the Demand Planning metrics and visibility in Power BI
Analytics & Process
- Standardization and reporting around global metrics & KPIs
- Drive analytics for process improvements along the end to end supply chain
- Project management of improvements within supply chain
- Engage on with internal and external short, mid and long-term projects to lead any mitigation activities with a PPI approach
- Understand LPD metrics tracked on supply chain and ensures that internal reporting, processes and procedures support and align with achieving these metrics
- Lead monthly (or other cadence) report-out to Leadership on the status of metrics and necessary actions
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals
- Responsible for short-term day-to-day, weekly, or monthly deliverables
- Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies
- Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives
- Accountable for customer service, inventory, and cost
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field is required. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, or advanced degree with limited experience; or equivalent work experience.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Six Sigma Green / Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Relevant experience in the Life Science or Medical Device industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- ERP experience in Consume to Forecast is a must
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Exercises judgment and independence in identifying next steps.
- Demonstrated expertise in ERP/MRP Planning systems (SAP preferred), including all relevant planning parameters such as inventory controls, replenishment, warehouse management and procurement functionality in ERP and best-of-breed software solutions is strongly preferred, with specific emphasis on SAP ECC, EWM and APO
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook).
- Strong knowledge or planning and purchasing systems.
- Solid understanding of concepts of inventory flow throughout the supply chain.
- Strong understanding of concepts of inventory management and distribution planning.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to develop and provide reports to satisfy ongoing inquires on inventory, capacity and product availability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate critical information.
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills to effectively deal with problems varying in complexity relative to job level.
- Embodies our Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Involvement, Intensity and Innovation.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75755549
Apply on company website